apstasia Of extreem magnatude

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burning2nd

Ok,

this sucker is large there a big big on and a smaller one....

The problem is that there in the 5.5 and i cant joe juice em ageain.... last time i almost killed all my sps's with the juice. (small amount) witch didnt kill em anyway.

so

what i was thinking should i pull the roick and nuke it in a bucket or salt water? Or should i try 2 srape it off?

this thing might have eating my goby

hmmmm.... How do you think the plastic syringe's that come with the salafet kits will work?

i have a brand new one that came with the auto acclamater

The boiling water will melt the one that came in the kit. You will want to use something that is thicker plastic. I would say that if you could pull out the rock and dump some boiling water over it in the sink or something, you would be a lot better off.

What to do if you have corals on the rock? I am having an out break of the suckers and not to sure what to do about it with sps on the rock. I don't want to use jo's juice.
Sorry to high jack your thread burning2nd. :/

ya put joes juice works good man, dont get me wrong i used it on my other tank and it did the job, its just this tank is really small.

what size is your tank?

120 with a 75 gal. fuge. I have one monster one and a ton of tiny ones on this one rock. Unfortunately, i have some corals attached to it also. I am thinking about just removing them and tossing it in boiling water. Seems to be the best idea i have read yet.

Picture3002491.jpg

Im trying to figer out how i wanna nuke that thing.... its about 4" away from the milli frags.... (witch are just comeing back from that last attempt)

so...... im thinking bucket....

when i do the water change, place the rock in the old water, and nuke the hell outta em..

I just have to be careful cause i dont wanna kill the little bit of coral that tank has.

Last edited:
OK NUKED the hell outta that thing.....

the RODI boiling water was the trick...

but it was not a good idea to do it in the tank..

i wanted to rescape a little anyway..

so i removed the corals, removed the rock that the aptsia was on...

boiled some RODI diped the corner of the rock where the to aptasia where...
and they melted like in 2 seconds...

the hermits cleaning the left overs.... just some goo

I have not seen any since i did it. It seems to work boiling water. Next time i wil try boiling water in a syringe so i don't loose all the coralline. It is coming back fast but i have some really nice coralline on my rocks and i don't want to keep killing it.

Back