Aptasia eating fish!! File Fish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Uh huh...."that penguin show" huh? You know good and well that it's "The Penguins of Madagascar!!!" Oh, did I just admit that? We all must have lil' monsters.

Okay, sorry for disrupting the thread so much!! Anyone else have any information about reef safe filefish that consume Aiptasia? Scientific names would be great, as several different filefish are known by the same common names.

yeah that penguin show haha! UPDATE Its been 5 days all aiptasias I can spot with my eyes are gone but the past couple days the bastard did a lil nipping on some corals. I've seen it take a nip at my Crocea Clam,some zoas,and candy cane corals.The candy cane are not fluffy like they normaly are.The clam is ok seen it nip it only 2 times.The zoas have not opened up fully since.I have alot zoas it only went for the big ones looks like there ok hopefully no damage was done and they fully open up. Its in my sump now untill I figure out what to do with it.

NO SPS WHERE HARMED

Oh damn..I have been watching closely and still have had no problems..But will really be on the lookout now...Sorry Noob..hopefully all your corals will be ok...keep us posted...especially me....Maybe this Fish was just to good to be true!!

I had one of those file fish for around 6mths. It didn't touch any of my corals, but after time is started to tear up my fish's fins and chase them around. It caused a ton of havoc on my fish and i had to get rid of it. They are related to trigger fish and can get quite a territorial aggression after time. This was in a 6' tank. So beware. Could be why your fish carpet dove.

Back