Aqua C Urchin

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mmkeeper

What is the nylon screw for on the sprayhead? i know you remove it to clean the spray tip, any other use?

That is its only use AFAIK. A while ago skimmerwhisperer posted about using that hole to possibly drill out the spray tip to increase performance but I'm not sure if that went anywhere.

-Dan

I am going to tag along on this one, I'd love my urchin to skim more that it does.

turn off.... unscrew, Remove.

use the white brush and push it down thur to clean that little hole.

replace.... turn back on....

clean your input pump...

I read that due to design adding air to the inlet of the pump would make the AquaC's not function at all. They have one with a Mag3 strapped onto it, maybe upgrade the pump?

-Dan

I've been trying to get an Eheim 1260 added to mine to see if adding more gph will do anything for performance. Right now I have a mag 3 and it does the job for my 50 gallon quarantine. No fish, one cleaner shrimp, some snails and a cucumber and I still have to clean the skimmer at least once a week.

When I get the Eheim I'll post my results.

I dont think moding it is a good idea.... you will void your help support line should u ever have a problem... but like said i dont think it will work any better.

I clean my maybe twice a year, and it works best right in between the 2 cleanings.

keep your hand outta the tank for a few days, weeks if you can, clean your pump. clean the air hole let her b,

unless theres not much 2 skim in your tank it should give you some nice dark skimmate

Nylon doesn't corrode and is easy to replace. It's softer than the threads on the skimmer itself so it doesn't damage them.

-Dan

Back