aqua controller 3

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

VanHalen

what probes does the acIII come with out of the box? If I wanted to monitor/control ph, would I need to purchase a separate probe?

I couldn't really tell what was included with the base unit from their website.

what probes does the acIII come with out of the box? If I wanted to monitor/control ph, would I need to purchase a separate probe?

I couldn't really tell what was included with the base unit from their website.

It probably depends what store you're buying from, but most I've seen you have to buy the probes sepereately - they offer lab grade probes and standard grade probes. The lab grade are just supposed to last longer. There are some package type deals out there though that you can select what options you want via a dropdown menu and your price shoudl automatically calculate. You'll also have to buy a sepereat dc8 or dc4 unit if you want to control ph. We are not point users to non-sponsored sites, but a retailer with the initials C.A. has the Dc-8 units on sale right now for $129 which is the best I've ever seen them so you may want to check them out.. :p:p:p

I just got the ACIII and it came with the temperature probe. (Note: this temp probe is different than the one on the AC, Jr which I had earlier) The PH/ORP probes are separate.

Class Clown: that is the best price I have seen on the DC8, glad you passed it along

I have an ACIII. If you buy it in a non package deal the only sensor you get is temperature. The others such as PH are at additional cost.

Back