Aqua Medic Kalkreaktor II/Calcium Reactor II

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Poorbob2000

Howdy,

I would like to utilize a Calcium Reactor for my SW system and I was hoping to get some personal experiences from anyone regarding the AquaMedic Kalkreaktor II/Calcium Reactor II. It is different than most I have seen in that it has an internal circulation pump. I believe it may be the model 1000 although it doesn't say that on the box. It says, Kalkreaktor II/Calcium Reactor II with integrated circulation pump and needle wheel drive.

On the internet, I found:

Aqua Medic Model 1000 Calcium Reactor
Our Price: $229.99

The website says:

The Aqua Medic Calcium Reactor is a module for the creation of a natural calcium carbonic acid equilibrium in the aquarium. It is filled with hydrocarbonate. As calcium carbonate is not soluble at pH values, that are recommended in seawater aquaria, CO2 has to be injected into the reactor. This results in a local decrease of the pH and the solution of Calcium hydrogen carbonate. This way of calcium dosing does not effect the pH, like the use of "Kalkwasser".

Reactors include a circulation pump and Hydro Carbonate media. A bubble counter is required but not included. Model 1000 is rated up to 180 gallons.

Any help or information regarding these would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Bennett

They are not very efficient but will work on a pretty small tank. No way they will handle a sps stocked 180g reef.

Don

How would they work on a 75 gallon system? I was wondering if they are adequate to keeping the calcium levels up on a 50 - 75 gallon system?

Thanks,

Bob

um i think that anything that has internally plumbing should be stayen away from since they are hard to clean and have a tendecy to clog.

Back