AquaC Remora PRO users: Anyone got a tape measure handy?!!?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

scytale

Caladanman
I'm hoping to buy an AquaC Remora PRO skimmer online this afternoon, but need to know if it will fit behind my tank.....

Anyone with a Remora Pro, could you please tell me how far down the skimmer hangs when it's installed on the tank?? (distance from top-lip of tank to base of the skimmer...)

I'm getting 2 conflicting answers--the online seller says it hangs down "nearly 15 inches", but AquaC online Technician told me it only hangs down 12.75"???

(If the Pro model hangs down more than 14", I'll probably have to but the smaller, "regular" model instead....)

Again, I'm hoping to buy this skimmer in about 3 hours, anybody there who can tell me the real-world specs???....

I can measure mine when i get home but that wont help you now.

This is from the website......

AquaC Remora Pro Features:
For tanks over 75 gallons
Dimensions:
-Skimmer Height: 21.5"
-Minimum Tank Height: 12.75"
-Minimum Overhead Clearance for Proper Function: 6.75"
-Depth: 3.25"
-Width: 7.5"
-Drain fittings (for the units with drain fittings) have 5/8" hose barb connections
Pump included (you can choose either the Mag 3 or Rio 1400 pump)
For hang-on use only.
Along with the pump, standard equipment includes an adjustable collection cup, and a special baffle system which prevents any bubbles from entering the aquarium.

That's what I was afraid of... If I add up the minimum clearance specs from the website: 12.75 down + 6.75 up = 19.5, which is not even as tall as the unit is suposed to be, 21.5"! :confused:

So according to thier own specs, the min. clearances don't equal the actual length of the unit!
(Which could be true if adding up the min. clearances resulted in a number BIGGER than the size of the unit--since you need a few more inches of clearance above the unit to remove the collection cup..)
Thus the min. top clearance + min. bottom clearance should be around 24" I think.:confused:

Anyways, if you get a chance to measure tonight, that would be great.
(I'm not going to try to buy one today--not until I know it will actually fit!):doubt:

JUST buy it.... dont worrie if it dont fit...

No can do, I rent my house.
And the reason it might not fit is because it would hit a railing/banister behind my stand....

(If the problem was with my own stand or canopy--I would absolutely get out the sawzall and hack away....)
but My landlord would not be very happy if I hacked out a chunk of the banister so I could get my skimmer to fit!:badgrin:

the overall height also includes the collection cup. whereas the measurements don't. i hope this works... typing on a phone sucks.

Back