Aquadose

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The Shark

Killer Blenny
Has anyone had experience with the Kent Marine AquaDose? I can't really afford to get a calcium reactor, but was thinking of using the Kent doser to dose Kalkwasser...

Or does anyone have plans for a DIY doser?

Thanks,

Dan

doser

a gallon milk jug with a small nipple to a air line with an medical drip constrictor will work. just mixe in jug with small pump to keep it stirred and drip it. Thats what allot of local coral shops use........

Greg,,,, and there is diy plans on this site

depends on the size of tank and how many corals you have for drip count. Most people test the water then start the drip then test the water. I would start very slow with the drip.... well depends on your tank again.

I would guess that you dont need much. I would measure the calcium in your tank. get it to the level you want. Between 400 and 440ppm. This is the level most are going by. And measure from there. Some people dont even measure tell you the truth. They just look at the corals and see how they are doing.. Since you dont really have any hard corals( leathers and zoos) the brain has and stucture though depending on which specimen.

Are you going to have Hard corals???

So the easyiest would to add it to your top off water. I dont know if there is anything in your tank to consume enough for a drip.

Someone esle might have an better Idea.. I think starting simple is the best and cheapest. Plus you will be giving advice soon more than asking... Our local shops allways gives me advice but none of them have a calcium reactor but one. They all use the drip method manual and none measure. But you need to measure first then after you drip for a few days so you dont over load or waste. So really this place is the best for info from people who have something running.

I wopuld ask MMkeeper, He has one going except he uses a pump.

Greg

To figure how much cal/alk you use is to test your water over a period of time and keep a log. Look at how much is consumed over the week or month divide by the number of days and you have your usage. Now you now how much to add per day.

I usually test my CAL on a weekly basis, but I agree... I don't really have anything that uses much calcium.

I was thinking of dosing kalk just to keep my levels up...but perhaps this might not be necessary with my coral mix?

Back