aquarium background

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I used a large cardboard cut out to the size of the part I wanted to cover and spray painted black. It works great. You can't even tell that there is cardboard over the glass.

i need somthing i can do that wont hert my tank. it is already set up and has been running for six months. but i would like to cover the back.

i need somthing i can do that wont hert my tank. it is already set up and has been running for six months. but i would like to cover the back.

Do as I did and get some cardboard and cut to size and spray paint what ever color you desire and either tape it to the back of your tank. no one would even know that is even there.

Cardboard, foam core board, even construction paper...etc...will all work just fine, and are pretty easy to install on a tank that's already set up. If you paint it, make sure the paint has plenty of time to dry, before you install it. If you don't want to use spray paint, you can even get colored foam core board, at craft stores, such as Michael's.

i think i will have to try the foam core bord or the construction paper. i don't realy want to paint the cardboard becuse i dont think i could get the paint even and you would probly see that.

i think i will have to try the foam core bord or the construction paper. i don't realy want to paint the cardboard becuse i dont think i could get the paint even and you would probly see that.

Well I used Krylon spray paint and it did take 2 coats to make the paint even. I also tryed the construction paper deal but was too flimsy.

Well I used Krylon spray paint and it did take 2 coats to make the paint even. I also tryed the construction paper deal but was too flimsy.

thats the only thing i was kinda woundering about with the construction paper. i have never used the krylon paint. isnt that the paint for plastic?

Im sure you could find a sheet of special laminate card board to tape to it. Ive seen many differant colors and designs.( but i work in a sheetfed print shop and see alot of differant papers) I got a crome laminate on mine. If you do this try to tuck the board into you top trim to help stop the drips from going in between the glass and and the board.

Cross, before you buy any paint, if you're coming to the meeting tomorrow, you can look at our background and see what you think. I have 3 colors of blue spray paint. They're still almost full, so don't buy any!!

meeting, what meeting? i didnt know ya'll were having one. cant though got to work and getting things around for our trip to seattle monday, wish i could though.

Back