Aquarium Glass

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fishdude

Hi, I am about to replace 3 glass panels of my tank (going starfire) and just need to know if the glass needs to be toughened or not?. I personally thought that it was not toughened and was just an ordinary sheet of glass, however, the seller seemed to think that it would be better toughened. Does anyone know the answer to this?:confused:

Not sure what toughened means Fishdude?? are you talking about tempered??

Mike

possibly, is that when they heat then reheat to make the glass really strong?

Also if it breaks it explodes into tiny squares.

In My High Opinion, You don't need to temper the sides. I personally wouldn't temper the bottom. As long as the glass is the right thickness corrisponding to the hieght, you are good to go. If you are a little worried, ad a euro to the longest pain of glass. Or add them to all sides if you like the look.

In My High Opinion, You don't need to temper the sides. I personally wouldn't temper the bottom. As long as the glass is the right thickness corrisponding to the hieght, you are good to go. If you are a little worried, ad a euro to the longest pain of glass. Or add them to all sides if you like the look.

Ron...Maybe you should post "fishdude" a link to how you constructed your tank out of glass...That tank came out really nicely! :)

Back