Aquarium Heaters

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MrGone

:)
I was curious to hear your opinions and experiences on various brands and models. I'm thinking about buying some new ones for my new setup (also half of mine are too small now) and I'm torn between going with some of those stealth heaters with the plastic casings and those titanium ones. They will be going in the sump and controlled using a Reef Keeper.

Right now I am using various glass heaters, mainly the visitherms which have been fine but can tell they are a bit worse for wear (I can see cracks in the inner glass tube of one of them that I now only use for water prep) which is disappointing because I've had most of them for less than two years. I also had one crack in half and fry my old picotope setup :(

I did some research a few years ago and came to the conclusion they all fail but still I thought it would be good to hear others experiences.

I currently use a heater rated for like a 20 gallon tank or something extremely small on my 150. But my "heater" has been in the form of MH bulbs.:lalala:

Currently using a Hydor Theo 250w, It works very well. Avoid stealth heaters I used them on my FW tanks, Had 3 break within 6months. I have em all still to which I could get replaced but not worth the shipping..

Back