aquarium nightmares!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

probe dms

Oh my freaking lord! Today i had a recording session in my apt. My friends who booked the session decided to bring their kids over. Now this was not established but i figured what the hell. They can keep my son company. Now. i have the 12 gallon new tank set up in my sons room. yes you can see where this is going........all i know is my son comes running into the room yelling someone put a whole lotta food in the tank. don't you know i almost lost it. i go into the room to see a tank full of flakes just clumped up floating around in the tank. yeah i wanted to beat the **** outta the kid that did it. the culprit eventually got ratted out. im glad it wasnt my son. hes 7. and i knew it wasnt him cause he knows better. all im saying is my goni is on the way back to the pet store. little bastards!!!! im tight as hell.

Well lets hope nothing too serious results from the overdose. FWIW, Its probably not a bad idea to hide all food, additives and if possible, put a lock on the lid of your tank if your not able to attend to, or keep an eye on your it, even for adults........
Occasionally you here of the pennies threw in as a wishing well, extra feeding, or a beer poured in (by someone who has no clue) that will kill a whole tank.

Occasionally you here of the pennies threw in as a wishing well, extra feeding, or a beer poured in (by someone who has no clue) that will kill a whole tank.

What?

You shouldn't be adding beer to your tank? I thought that was the secret recipe for very happy and productive pods!

I guess I will have to reserve the Guinness for myself then. ;)

Best wishes Probe.. I hope things sort out satisfactorily,

Chris

I'd do at least a 30% water change. I'm sure you've already netted or siphoned out as much as possible. You'll want to siphon off the sand bed, gently, and use a turkey baster to blow as much off of the live rock as possible. Might even think about adjusting your skimmer to skim real wet for a few days. I'd also suggest running activated charcoal for awhile too.

yeap big water change .
my little one (1 1/2 year old ) thinks that is awesome trowing everything in my sump :p :lol: and so she has trown hot dogs, caps, bottles, nipples you name it :rolleyes:, so yeah just do a water change, if you got some carbon, it'd be probably good to put some.

I keep my stuff hidden if someone comes over or locked because everyone loves to feed fish............good luck with fixing the tank.:cry:

Thankfully all of my equipment,etc. is in the garage.

However, my 4 yr old knows better and when my 2yr old daughter is old enough to understand, she will know better too. They (including all her friends) have and will be told NOT to touch any of daddy's fish equipment, period.

man i was so heated. anyways it cleaned up ok. i guess. fish seem to be doing ok. domino is playing all in the nem. everyone seems to be getting along.

Back