Aquarium Paradise

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i went there before i dont know about BRA yet...its a hit or miss on the corals but if youre on the right time u can get a good score on their 2 corals for $40 or 3 for $60...but theres some that are overprice...
the negative is they dont have prices,you have to ask...the positive is they are helpful...

Well they were sure good to me...When the bottom seal on our 120 gave way.They let me bring all of my fish and corals to them and they kept them untill my new tank arrived.They remembered that i had originally bought the tank from them and they helped me get the tank warrantied out..I have great things to say about them...But i will agree that a better selection would help them Greatly.....And i do like to see Prices with out asking for help!!

Why is it that so many LFS don't post prices? It's a problem with several LFS that I've visited, including a local one, over here.

Shane and John, that is good customer service!! Sounds like they went above and beyond. Always good to keep a good relationship with a LFS, for times such as these!!

Yes...it was..they took great care of all of my livestock...I was actually a bit surprised when they offered to get warranty help..I just figured I was going to have to buy a new tank..lol...And it actually was good timing as the Wife was away in Chicago for the week...She sure would have **** to see the water POURING all over the living room!!!!

I was just there a month ago asking if they can get such and such equipment and certain brands of equipment and they had no clue about some of the stuff I was talking about. I mentioned a few well known brand name companies such as SWC and GEO and they said they never heard of them.

Welcome to my world, there is LPS here..... Well there is but they get saltwater fish in once a year. And sell powder blue tangs for like $20 and yellow tangs for like $15. They have a 10 gal display tank full of aptaisa and zenia with a 75w 6700k mh on it and a seaclone on the side with no air valve hooked up to it. ya the water just spins in there. :confused:

Welcome to my world, there is LPS here..... Well there is but they get saltwater fish in once a year. And sell powder blue tangs for like $20 and yellow tangs for like $15. They have a 10 gal display tank full of aptaisa and zenia with a 75w 6700k mh on it and a seaclone on the side with no air valve hooked up to it. ya the water just spins in there. :confused:

What????? LPS where and PBT for $20 where?

here in yakima. But here is the catch they come in sometime between june and september and you have to get there when they get them out of the box. Heres the other catch. They will call you when they come in but they call the people who go in there everyday and ask when there coming in. witch i never do so they never call.... so i drive to seattle.

I go there every once in while. Mainly for food just because I work 2 blocks from them. They don't carry any of the products i use. I agree with the rest that the corals are hit or miss and reef fish selection is thin. I was in the other day to pick up some mysis and they had a seaclone skimmer for sale minus the pump for $40.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I go there every once in while. Mainly for food just because I work 2 blocks from them. They don't carry any of the products i use. I agree with the rest that the corals are hit or miss and reef fish selection is thin. I was in the other day to pick up some mysis and they had a seaclone skimmer for sale minus the pump for $40.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i have a seaclone! :(
but i cant complain i got a complete 75g for free

Everytime I go into Aquarium Paradise I can't tell if they are going out of business or moving. It always looks like they are tearing down some part of the store and all the used equipment looks like they are getting ready to move. The whole place is pretty dark for some reason. I like some of their selection, but I was a little worried when they were selling "Saltwater Mollies". Not a good practice IMO.

.... but I was a little worried when they were selling "Saltwater Mollies". Not a good practice IMO.

Mollies are actually not a freshwater fish. They're also not Saltwater, they're Brackish. However, they very easily acclimate to full saltwater. They will breed and spawn quite readily in SW, and the fry are great for feeding finicky eaters, such as seahorses. I've seen lots of great LFS with "SW Mollies" in their tanks or refugiums.

Mollies are actually not a freshwater fish. They're also not Saltwater, they're Brackish. However, they very easily acclimate to full saltwater. They will breed and spawn quite readily in SW, and the fry are great for feeding finicky eaters, such as seahorses. I've seen lots of great LFS with "SW Mollies" in their tanks or refugiums.

Mollies do best in brackish though and the only reason I know of that people get saltwater mollies is to cycle a tank and usually they let it die to help culture the bacteria. I feel bad for the fish. At one point I was looking into doing a brackish set up for sailfin mollies that would have a cave decor matching the tributaries where they are found in Mexico, but I thought a saltwater tank would be more fun. Did you ever see the bit on Planet Earth with the sailfin mollies? I wanted THAT set up. : )

Mollies do best in brackish though and the only reason I know of that people get saltwater mollies is to cycle a tank and usually they let it die to help culture the bacteria. I feel bad for the fish. At one point I was looking into doing a brackish set up for sailfin mollies that would have a cave decor matching the tributaries where they are found in Mexico, but I thought a saltwater tank would be more fun. Did you ever see the bit on Planet Earth with the sailfin mollies? I wanted THAT set up. : )

That may be the only reason you know of that people use Mollies:), however, people also use them to allow them to spawn in their tanks to feed the fry to finicky feeders. Seahorses are a commonly kept fish that people feed Molly fry to. Typically, it's just the Black Mollies, and they will thrive and be quite healthy in full saltwater, much healthier than when kept in straight freshwater.

Here's a link with some great information.
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/fwsubwebindex/mollyfaqs.htm

I don't think I've seen the bit on Planet Earth that you speak of. I have the whole collection, on DVD, so will have to look for that!!

Last edited:
That may be the only reason you know of that people use Mollies:), however, people also use them to allow them to spawn in their tanks to feed the fry to finicky feeders. Seahorses are a commonly kept fish that people feed Molly fry to. Typically, it's just the Black Mollies, and they will thrive and be quite healthy in full saltwater, much healthier than when kept in straight freshwater.

Here's a link with some great information.
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/fwsubwebindex/mollyfaqs.htm

I don't think I've seen the bit on Planet Earth that you speak of. I have the whole collection, on DVD, so will have to look for that!!

I have the DVDs too. :) It's in the "Caves" segment.

Back