aquariumgirl's reefs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I'd definately get rid of the red bubble, dont worry too much about the money plant, its a naturally occurring, slow growing, calcareous algae; but you will want to keep an eye on it. Good luck in your new reef adventures.

cwrenge, haha :lol:. I would love to go bigger, perhaps a 33 gallon tank would be great, but I'll have to save up the money :( Until then the little ten should keep me happy ;)

solenowski: I actually don't have to add any supplements, they get added when I steal some water out of my co-workers 330 gallon tank setup! But I do regular tests weekly just to make sure I stay on top of things :)

Just an observation: :| the "money" macro seems to be growing my faster then the red grape macro! I'm not sure why :confused:

Plenty of reefs in the bahamas and Turks and Caicos (places I've dived) contain lots of macroalgae, especially the kind which have calcium skeletons. I think it looks great, just make sure to prune.

I agree...if you prune regularly when it overgrows..it can be a nice addition...the one to avoid is caulerpa
I thought mine looked great and i would prune it if it overgrew...here's the result despite pulling out handfuls (i had to take the tank down-the caulerpa was killing my corals)
tank3.jpg

Thanks Jiddy, but for now I'll have to tuff it out :( Driving down to south dakota would probably be a nice drive :p Not to mention how wonderful a 90 gallon reef tank would be! (omg, all the corals I could put in it, love the idea, hehe)

iwantone:so it would be fine to keep my macros?? :shock: :D That makes me very happy (good thing I kept them, I really hated the idea of getting rid of them)

Forestal: Thanks for the picture, nice tank! ;) I'll be sure to keep up with pruning.

Well, I survived the poweroutage we had here in victoria, lasted on and off for 8 hours!! But everyone made it! The temperature did dropped down to 70 :eek: But now I know to cover the tank with towels to keep the temp. from dropping.

An update on my sponges, I had to move all my sponges to my pico tank (now a sponge tank) b/c my red starfish were eating them. So, I bought some frozen angel formula which has sponges in it for the starfish (couldn't get mad at them, they are so cute! :D ) I'll post some updated pictures in a few days.

Here are some updated pictures!

Carnation.jpg

Frogspawnupdate.jpg

Nano-Aug-4-2005.jpg

I miss the old pico :( Now I have an empty spot in the nano, what would be good to put in that spot (the cave which the suncoral use to sit)?

Pico-Aug-4-2005.jpg

red-star.jpg

i just saw your pictures and woouu you have a very nice tank and you are doing an exellent job !!

By the way you are lucky i love the cheesecake restaurant in Vic.

I'm sorry to say spongebob, but the cheesecake cafe closed (unsure why, I thought it did really well). It became Copper John's and then that closed down. I don't think there is anything there now.

Okay, I was staring at my tank tonight and saw this huge ugly butt poking out of a live rock. This crab is huge (about two inches long!!) I don't know how I could have not seen this crab before.

bad-crab.jpg

bad-crab-2.jpg

Unfortunatly, my little anemone crab was on the same rock and he had fallen out during the process. He made it and I put him back in the tank (same hole he was living in too).

anemone-crab-2.jpg

Back