aquariumgirl's reefs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wow! Good thing you got that nasty bugger out. If he wasn't causing problems already, then it probably wouldn't be very long before he did.

I found a similar looking crab about a week ago with a polyp hanging out of his mouth. Looked like he was smokin a cigar. Needless to say he is now banished to the sump.

Well I started a mantis tank!! Right now I have two mantis (one can't keep himself right side up, but we'll see how he does) and there are a handfull of unwanted crabs and a sundial (no zoos).

sundial.jpg

Mantis.jpg

Mantis-Tank.jpg

Haha, I'm in Victoria, British Columbia (province). If you come down, you can have it for free!! It grows fairly fast, in the short while it was in the pico, it started to attach itself to the the other lr.

aquariumgirl said:
Haha, I'm in Victoria, British Columbia (province). If you come down, you can have it for free!! It grows fairly fast, in the short while it was in the pico, it started to attach itself to the the other lr.

Where is that, near WA?

yup, BC is right above Washington State. Then there is an island on the very south-western tip of BC that is just bellow the washington border. Close to Seattle, WA. So you coming down to Victoria? :lol: :D

Hey everyone, just posting some more Pictures!! Recent aditions are: Pistol shrimp and goby pair in the ten gallon, a green chromis in the mantis tank. And then there is just another poor, very poor picture of the mantis shrimp.

ShrimpGoby.jpg

GreenChromis.jpg

Mantis4.jpg

aquariumgirl said:
yup, BC is right above Washington State. Then there is an island on the very south-western tip of BC that is just bellow the washington border. Close to Seattle, WA. So you coming down to Victoria? :lol: :D

Absolutly not, but i will meet you have way. I live in Missouri so lets me, oh say, at Mt.Rushmore, i heard its a beautiful site to see!

And i love the updates!

Haha, well we'll see, with gas prices this high in Victoria it'll probably be a while :( but we'll see. LOL

MT, Rushmore !!
naww jiddy, how about if we meet in Seattle, that way you can have a little frag and i can too :D

I've really enjoyed reading your posts! Keep em coming! I too was in charge of a FW section and afraid to do the SW! Eh, It's a good thing Divin' in! (AND I'm a canadian transplant)

Well, the past week was a very frustrating :cry: I lost my beautiful blue sponge. I'm not sure what happened, but I'm fairly sure it had to do with doing water changes (microbubbles). I'm planning to upgrage to a 30 gallon tall with a sump so I don't distrub the main tank, but this will be a long project (gotta think of the student loans first :mad: ). Once the 30 gallon is set up, I'll get another blue sponge :( But everything else is good!! :D

I love your tank...Everyone you see how big things come in small packages. Your tank is proof that you don't need 200 gallons to have a good looking reef. Keep it up.

Back