Aquascaping

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SaltyDog08

I'm having some trouble finding a rock aquascape that I like. It's really hard to find a structure that I like. I've moved my rock twise now and I still can't seem to find that "perfect" spot. Anyway here's what I'm working with. 75 Gallon glass tank, 3 inches of sand bed, and roughly 85 lbs of rock. Could you guys post some pictures of your tanks or throw some ideas of what you've seen or done. Much Appriciation :D

DSCN0288.jpg

Full tank shot
DSCN0289.jpg

Left side of the tank
DSCN0290.jpg

Right side of the tank

yeah i like the "open" look. that bonsai tree in the cube of dailydriven's link looks reallly cool and i kind of want to do something like that but its hard to incorperate that look with a longer tank such as mine

I think that it deffinently just depends on the "look" you are going for. I personally don't like to see alot of the back of the tank so I tend to put a wall in mine...but that is why there are so many different things you can do. Also, normally after a year or so, you will normally want to change something anyways :p

Good luck :)

-augustus

IMG_7223.jpg

i tried the wall look. i dont think it looks really all that good in my tank at least the wall that i tried. i also dont really have much big pieces of rock so its hard to do a wall effect. i like showing a lot of sand because i have pistol shrimp and goby partner. ill just have to work with it i guess. if anyone else has pictures to show off lets see em! Thanks everyone!

Good thread saltydog! I think aquascaping is THE hardest part of SW. Screw the water parameters, i've got those down. But who cares how "healthy" the water #'s are if it still looks like cr#p. Augustus your tank looks incredible!!!!!

alli would say is the rock on the left looks a bit verticle and may be hard to attach ceartain corals to

The big question is do you like it? My advice is to get some tonga branches, they stick out, which (it seems to me) allows the fish to swim around them, changing their swim patterns more, and creates visual interest. Besides you may find another peice of rock down the road you may want to add.

Back