Aquascaping

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

YamahaF934

Any one have any good articles to aquascape. I am having troubles getting the right look. How do I attach rock to make it look the way I want (or break it). . . Any pictures of completed tanks with good aquascaping.

Thanks

nov20002.jpg

nov20001.jpg

nov20003.jpg

I use hammer and chisel, a drill with masonry bits, files, whatever I can to shape the rock or punch holes in it. You can slide acrylic rod or small PVC into the holes to hold rock pieces in place. There are also different foam products that you can use to bond rock together or even form new pieces.

Put down some tape with the same dimensions as the bottom of your tank and build your rockwork on the floor first. Once you're happy with it, snap a few pics, dismantle it, and use the pics to reassemble it in your tank.

Mike

I'd say first, go through the Tank Design/Member Showcase threads and look at all the different ideas. I used acrylic 'rock rack' plates that hold the acrylic rods that I drilled into the rocks to lay out my aquascaping and hold my rocks in place. Here are some shots:

DSC02208.JPG

RR-8.JPG

RR-13.JPG

RR-9.JPG

DSC02215.JPG

hope that helps :)

Aquascaping ideas

Hey Chicas,

Very cool! I used some acrylic rod to pin some pieces together but ended up building a pvc section and zip tied some bigger base pieces to it to lift up structure on the side of tank that has spraybar. I never figured out how to stabilize the rods for verticle support but see it was as simple as drilling holes in a sheet of acrylic on the bottom. Thanks I'll go that route next time. Here are a couple pics of my pvc I did do (I think my Flasher Wrasse uses it to sleep in )

Todd

Back