AquaTop 13.3 Gal Nano Set up / Mr. Aqua 12 Gal Long build Coming Soon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sampets1984

So after a while of being out of the game and thanks to a dear friend I have gotten back into the hobby. Currently seen in this picture I have a AquaTop 13.3 Gallon Aquarium Current Orbit Marine LED dimmed at least 50% for now, Nano 511 Canister filter with 3/4 inch of miracle mud under some ceramic media :) for some extra flow and bio filter needs. Two Hydor 600gph pumps on the way from marine depot for additional flow and about 15lbs of live rock combined with 5lbs of white sand.

Pictures of the 12 gal long soon to be put up but its going to be a bare bottom tank with the same filter and a longer version of the Current Orbit Marine LED's also.

Attachments

• 20131201_123206.jpg
    20131201_123206.jpg
    44.5 KB
Not looking to pretty right now. I got some of that new sand from OBD and behold comes the algea bloom now I have to figure out how to get the brown slime off

Sounds like a diatom bloom, increase the flow over the area to help with it. Did you add the new sand on top of what was in there or replace it all together?

I ended up getting it going but I ended up selling it to get more experience with a smaller tank. I have a 6.5 bow front but i am trying to figure out how to properly scape a nano truely

Well since i started the original build I've sold that set up and have a new one now. I am trying some new lighting so here it is as followed.

8gal AquaTop
Cascade hob
Eheim Surface skimmer filter
10lbs live rock
50 watt Heater
AquaBeauty 35w LED lighting20140708_183534.jpg

Nice little set up. if there is anyway you can get a small powerhead in there for added circulation, it would be good. there are some pretty small ones that would work. I would worry about water flow to keep stuff from settling and causing algae issues.

What are your plans for stocking it? any specific fish in mind?

Honestly the Eheim pumps like 180 or something and the hob does like 80gph I wasn't sure if an additional hydor would be over kill or not. I am mostly thinking about coral not sure what live stock i really want in it . I only had 2 clowns in my last set up but them lil guys kept trying to bite me. so i am debating about some fairly small fish that wont attack me. i wish i had lots of pods for like a manderan

Back