arctipods reef nutrition

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NC2WA

Does anyone know if arctipods is the same thing as cyclopeeze?

I have been following a Regal Angel thread in RC and they mention using arctipods to assist a regal angelfish to eat.

I have used cyclopeeze before but do not know much about arctipods.

thanks
kirk

Scotty,

Is arctipods a flake food or frozen food?
Where? Is BlueSierra the only vendor that sells it in the Puget Sound area?

thanks
kirk

I got mine at premium Aquatics. It comes in a bottle of liquid, sorta like brian in a bottle but copods. I have a mandarin so I wanted to feed it while I'm still establishing the tank.

I got mine at premium Aquatics. It comes in a bottle of liquid, sorta like brian in a bottle but copods. I have a mandarin so I wanted to feed it while I'm still establishing the tank.

Scooter,

How is the mandarin doing with the arcti pods? I just bought some to help to treat my wrasses that I just picked up. They seem to like them quite abit.

Is arctipods a flake food or frozen food?
Where? Is BlueSierra the only vendor that sells it in the Puget Sound area?

I'd ask Barrier Reef to see if they have it.

I do wanna try it myself and see how my fishes like it.

How does everyone store the bottle? I keep mine in the fridge but didn't see anything with that information. I've been feeding heavy my tank, I only have three small fish & 5 hermits, having to vacuum the sump every other week. I want my fish to get established well before I tune down the feeding, I haven't actually seen the mandarin eating but they all seem to go nutz when I put a few drops in the tank, I guess because this stuff stinks LOL

How does everyone store the bottle? I keep mine in the fridge but didn't see anything with that information. I've been feeding heavy my tank, I only have three small fish & 5 hermits, having to vacuum the sump every other week. I want my fish to get established well before I tune down the feeding, I haven't actually seen the mandarin eating but they all seem to go nutz when I put a few drops in the tank, I guess because this stuff stinks LOL

Reef Nutrition recommends storing it in the fridge for a longer shelf life.

Does anyone know if arctipods is the same thing as cyclopeeze?

I have been following a Regal Angel thread in RC and they mention using arctipods to assist a regal angelfish to eat.

I have used cyclopeeze before but do not know much about arctipods.

thanks
kirk

According to Reef Nutrition arcti-pods are similar to cyclopeeze just a bit larger, roughly 6X the size.

It says, "Keep Refrigerated!" and "Not for human consumption!" in fine print on the bottle. I just bought mine a couple days ago and it has a June 15 2007 expiration sticker on it.

I got the bottle called "Tigger Pods" from Reef Mystique...they are red and are visible to the naked eye, so larger than copepods according to Will. I just dumped the whole bottle in my tank hoping they would establish themselves in the rocks and sand and help support my butterflyfish.

I believe Tigger Pods would be a live food and Arctipods would be a dead food. Don't dump a whole bottle of arctipods into your tank to establish a population.

I believe Tigger Pods would be a live food and Arctipods would be a dead food. Don't dump a whole bottle of arctipods into your tank to establish a population.

No?? I specifically said that I was trying to increase my pod population (I do have live rock too), and this was the recommendation from the seller. I don't have a refugium. :cry:

Tigger pods are live....you're good as gold.

Just don't put the dead pod food into your tank to reproduce. You don't want zombie pods. :D

I will be setting up a 370 gallon tank shortly, and I had over 120lbs of LR in storage that I want to "re-seed" again. Obviously, I will get 20-30lbs of already cured LR from a LFS, but I want to know if I can dump a entire bottle of this stuff or Oceanpods to seed the LR.

Thanks
Kirk

Back