Are chocolate chip sea stars safe for reef?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tangtang clown

Are these ok for saltwater reef aquariums?
I have one and he sat on my button polpys for a couple hours and some are missing now. What should I do?

How bout clams,
they love to fresh clams

We should banish them from all fish stores,
Chocolate Chip Stars 2@$8.99.:lol:

Yeah I had one given to me and I was gonna give it away and put him in my sumpin the mean time. To my surprise he keeps it nice and clean, I have a sponge bubble trap that i used to have to change every week to avoid detrius buildup but now he keeps it spotless. Guess their good for something afterall:badgrin:

Yeah I had one given to me and I was gonna give it away and put him in my sumpin the mean time. To my surprise he keeps it nice and clean, I have a sponge bubble trap that i used to have to change every week to avoid detrius buildup but now he keeps it spotless. Guess their good for something afterall:badgrin:

Harlequin food is all I have known them to be good for...until I read the above. Not a bad idea. And when you need a quicky meal for the shrimp there will be one available lol.

They are great in sumps where they can't cause damage, but do add biodiversity. Everything in nature has its' place. It's a matter of finding exactly how to give all these animals their place in our tanks that's the hardest part of all.

Back