Are these Coraline Algae?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

To me, it doesn't appear to. looks like a place where a feather duster would live.

I agree with Gabby...The pinkish purple stuff is coraline, and the other stringy looking things wants to look like tube worms retracted, but can't say for sure :)

Hi,

They are sharp Ive got a hole in my finger that felt like it got cored out as I repositioned some muchrooms on LR, I too have thousands of these just about everywhere but like you Im unsure as to what they are.
Regards

Vermetid snail. Totally harmless. Until you stick your finger with one. :) I've done it myself so I feel your pain.

They're good filter feeders and are fun to watch when they snag a piece of food that's faaaar too big to get in their little hole. They'll cast out mucous nets to get food. They're great fun when you blow off your rock with a turkey baster or powerhead and they all throw out their cobwebs!

unfortunately they like taking over corals .... these things aggravate the heck out of my corals and every time I break a tube theres a new one the next day.

Back