argggg Exclamation

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SmileyFace1995

Well now that ive been on here and all of you have helped me out to decide what i need to get replaced, what i need to get corals etc. etc. (Research) i have realized i dont have all the right equipment! man i wish i had like all the money i spent on all of this gear, and had it right now! so then i could get everything situated rather than try n sell my stuff, to someone that needs it! and get like 40% what i paid!
cuz i have a seaclone which was hmmm... $120!

Well like i guess i cant be bummed cuz my mom paid for it , but still! you know? it sucks! cuz she cant provide any more money for me to get the stuff i need/want on the tank!
we just bought a new house so shes making payments on that, and providing food for 2 kids! etc. etc.

Don't worry , we all did it, I spent over $800 on my first 30g tank & it was all wrong LOL
If I was you, after learning all that, I'd think of ways to make what you have work & maybe only sell of what won't, it is a big hit I know but you hopefully don't get so discouraged you want to quit all together, hang in there you can deal with what you have for now & just make it better as you go when you can.

Don't worry , we all did it, I spent over $800 on my first 30g tank & it was all wrong LOL
If I was you, after learning all that, I'd think of ways to make what you have work & maybe only sell of what won't, it is a big hit I know but you hopefully don't get so discouraged you want to quit all together, hang in there you can deal with what you have for now & just make it better as you go when you can.

ya im basically to the point of quitting, ive spent 2 1/2years old allowance on this! still have about 1 3/4 year to go...

lol i think everybody was 14 at some point in there lives. hang in there man there's more than one way to skin a cat you can reef without expensive equipment. trust me that expensive equipment hasnt been around forever and people still reefed.

lol i think everybody was 14 at some point in there lives. hang in there man there's more than one way to skin a cat you can reef without expensive equipment. trust me that expensive equipment hasnt been around forever and people still reefed.

Ditto that! hang in there & use what you got, make it work!;)

props to you though for sure for trying to do all this crazy stuff at 14...i dont think i could even comprehend all this junk when i was 14 haha

p.s. im 3k deep on a 50g and 20g sump in less than 7 months...just cuz i make money doesnt make it any better, i wish i could go back and change some things but whatever...cant...just goes to show the more money you make the more money you spend...doesnt always solve your problems haha stick with it man...not too many people do...

Right I'm $4,000-$5,000 deep in just the set up of my 125 & 29 that's just the set up no live stock or corals.

:( i am trying to make due with what i have i have a sump, and extra lights for sale, i meen im not trying to sell seaclones and stuff, its pretty decent stuf... but noone really wants so i cant get any money to get a sump!

So start by telling us what it is you need....maybe some of us can help.

Yeah let us know too. We have some old gear just sitting in the back. Maybe there's something you need that we just want out of storage. My first reef tank was a 38 gallon and I had crappy equipment. A Fulval and a Skilter :eek: with a single 250w bare bones halide. I made it work at loved it. Don't give up. People here will help if they can!

I enjoy being 16 and having no money:D. You old people just don't know what fun is these days:lol::lol:

Well like i guess i cant be bummed cuz my mom paid for it , but still! you know? it sucks! cuz she cant provide any more money for me to get the stuff i need/want on the tank!
we just bought a new house so shes making payments on that, and providing food for 2 kids! etc. etc.

ya im basically to the point of quitting, ive spent 2 1/2years old allowance on this! still have about 1 3/4 year to go...

I say work with what you have already have and be resourceful. Your lucky that your mother was kind enough to pay for your equipment. Whats another 2 years for more money allowance? you can get your sea legs by then and be a pro. I do have to warn you though in the next few years you will probably be to busy with the ladies. Now they cost a lot of money :lol:.

There is nothing like a little hardship to build some character and help you grow :D.

Last edited:
Go mow some lawns or rack some leaves or something, Thats how i have paid for my tank and i mean paid for it as my mom and dad have only bought me salt but even that still adds up ooooo and okay the electricty and water WOW i guess i didnt pay for anything:lol:

I now have 7 different yards that i mow 2 times a month and make enough that i can keep my 200 gallon system up and running been going strong for almost 2 years now

Go mow some lawns or rack some leaves or something, Thats how i have paid for my tank and i mean paid for it as my mom and dad have only bought me salt but even that still adds up ooooo and okay the electricty and water WOW i guess i didnt pay for anything:lol:

I now have 7 different yards that i mow 2 times a month and make enough that i can keep my 200 gallon system up and running been going strong for almost 2 years now

I should have you come do my yard LOL!

Back