Armor of God not opening

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

You can also use SeaChem Iodine to dip them in, just .3mil in a half gallon of tank water for 10min would work and do this for 3 days. Barrier Reef i've found had the best price on the SeaChem Iodine.
Dtech07
Sounds good, going to call a few places to see if I can track down the lugol's.

So I've done the series of dips with lugols x3.. and furan-2.. It's done nothing .. I've moved it into higher flow.. But who knows maybe this thing just doesn't want to be happy anymore.

I looks like they are barely closed up like they may be getting too much flow or light. I also heard that zoas like a little more dirty water because they are found in lagoons where there are plenty of nutrients. Other than that like Faciosity said, sometimes they just close up for no reason and then open up when they feel like it. My PPE just closed up recently and I thought it was a gonner but a few days later it was opened up and looking great. They are just really weird. My Magicians just closed up one day and never opened up again and melted away. I have no clue why to this day. I never moved them since I put them in the tank. They were great for a month or so and then just closed up. Good luck with your AOG's though. The dip might not be a bad idea regardless of if its flow or not. Better safe then sorry!

These have been partially closed for a LONG time.. over a month.. here is a cellphone pic.. Everything else in the tank looks happy as ever.. except my tangerines.. they've always been finicky though

vPg3h.jpg

I would try to put it down into lower flow and see if that helps any. Maybe down on the sand bed even...

I'll give it a shot. Because they went from loving medium to hating everything.. they used to be soooo beautiful.

Back