• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Arrivals 10/5-10/9

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

christmas wrasses are Halichoeres ornatissimus , which ours are, the fish liveaquaria is showing is a new species in the ornatissimus complex. i have yet to see it offered from any of our suppliers.

The ornate wrasse (Halichoeres ornatissimus) is reffered by hobbyist as a christmas wrasse

Actually the "true" christmas wrasse is (Thalassoma trilobatum)also called surge wrasse found all over the shallow reefs in tide surges in Hawaii

the first two pictures is the ornate wrasse (male) and (juv female) and the third picture and fourth is the Christmas Wrasse (male) and (female)

Aloha

Here's some detail shots of the derasa.

IMG_3109.jpg

IMG_3108.jpg

IMG_3112.jpg

Do you still have some of the dragonface pipefish in stock? I'd like to get a couple to help me battle red bugs as I've read they will eat them.

The ornate wrasse (Halichoeres ornatissimus) is reffered by hobbyist as a christmas wrasse

Actually the "true" christmas wrasse is (Thalassoma trilobatum)also called surge wrasse found all over the shallow reefs in tide surges in Hawaii

the first two pictures is the ornate wrasse (male) and (juv female) and the third picture and fourth is the Christmas Wrasse (male) and (female)

Aloha

A perfect example of how useless common names are. On the 20 or so wholesale lists I watch christmas wrasse refers to halichoeres and the thalassoma is called simply a surge wrasse. How could we ever agree what common name is "true"? :) They differ so much by region:)

Do you suppose you guys will have any Christmas Wrasse's left in stock by the time of the big sale this weekend?

Do you suppose you guys will have any Christmas Wrasse's left in stock by the time of the big sale this weekend?

Really hard to say. Only one left right now. We are working on a few more shipments by friday and possibly another shipment for Sunday morning.

Back