Ashton's 75 Gallon Build thread

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Looks good!!! Bare bottom is the way to go!! Are you keeping it that way? Once I went bare bottom I never went back. Most I do is put down white pvc board to give the illusion of sand there. :)

Yep keeping it barebottom. Its much easier to keep clean and once the tank starts getting coraline you barely even notice the bare bottom.

I REALLY like that piece on the right side, the "volcano" piece ;)
THanks the "volcano" piece is probably my favorite. Im planning on putting an sps frag on the tip. I that will be cool once it starts growing out.

Update****
Added a few zoas and a leather frag over the weekend and all opened right up and are looking good. I also took my water in and had it tested. Results were
Nitrites- 0
Nitrates-0
phos -. 01
Alk 10.5
Cal- 450

So today I added 10 snails and 5 hermits, if everything stays the way its been then this weekend first fish will be going in. I will also slowly start moving over polyps and other softies from the 55, then the lps will be next. Last will be chalices and SPS once I've gotten more in the tank and it has been up for a couple weeks.

looking good ashton:)i really like the rocks:)nice aquascape...

Thanks, im actually pretty happy how everything turned out......

So I added some more corals into the new tank last night. Added a few zoa/paly frags and a couple micromussa frags and everything was looking good and was opening up last night. I will move more stuff over this week and should have everything switched over in the next 2 weeks.

more pics please

Ill try and get some more pics taken this weekend. I have started moving stuff over from the 55 and while moving stuff over I am pretty much moving things from frag plugs onto rock to make the tank look like a display tank rather then a frag tank. Plus I wanted to clean off any nuisance algae so it didnt get carried into the new tank.

As of now i've got about 1/3 of my stuff moved. Started with softies, then LPS , and even moved over a monti cap and a birdsnest and everything looks great.

Im also trying to figure out what i want to do for fish. I will be moving my pair of clowns and mandarin from the 55 but will be selling the mccosker wrasses. I am going to add a sunburst anthias, tailspot blenny, kole tang but need some suggestions as to some other smaller fish to add. I want more small fish in this tank so any suggestions you guys have please share.

So i've moved over everything except about 10 corals and the fish. I did add a sunburst anthias and a yellow assessor to the 75. Well Time for pictures, ill try and get some better ones with the camera as these were taken with the cell phone.

Chalices-
Photo0061.jpg

Center of tank-
Photo0067.jpg

Right side-
Photo0066.jpg

Oregon Mummy Eye and Micromussa-
Photo0064.jpg

Left Side of tank-
Photo0063.jpg

Chalices-
Photo0062.jpg

Tyree Pink watermleon-
Photo0058.jpg

Nice, I see alot of rock and nice corals in that tank, but wheres the water:confused:
Its so clear you cant tell theres water in there.
:razz:
Looking great!

nice scape man, can't wait to see some fish in there!
Yep fish are next on the agenda. I did add a sunburst anthias Thursday who was in hiding up until yesterday but came out to eat. And then i added a CB yellow assessor yesterday. Im still trying to decide what else to add, I was thinking i'd move my pair of black clowns over from the 55 and the mandarin but still want to add some more fish. Any suggestions

Nice, I see alot of rock and nice corals in that tank, but wheres the water:confused:
Its so clear you cant tell theres water in there.
:razz:
Looking great!

Ha thanks, yea im going for the waterless reef look :D lol Thanks Im just happy this thing is finally coming together. Took almost 2 + months to get everything together and planned.

well got the clown fish moved over from the 55 so i've just about got everything transferred over. woohoo. I'm working on getting a camera to get some better pictures. Anyone in the local area that is good with taking pics and has a good camera want to come over and shoot some pictures? I can compensate you with a frag or maybe some beer?

So i found my camera and also a tripod so I was able to get a few pics before the batteries died. I will snap some more tonight and get them posted.
Original mummy eye. (look at the new eyes forming)
002-5.jpg

Bubblegum monster-
011-5.jpg

Tyree pink watermelon-
006-3.jpg

Back