Assistance with large tank move in Tacoma?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

nsamouroux

I've completed my plumbing and basement sump for my new system (was able to work under / around my 100g setup that is being replaced). I'm now ready to move the new 360 gallon acrylic display into the house and start breaking down the 100 gallon nano tank :badgrin:. Nobody I know lives anywhere near me (nearest family is over in Spokane), so I have to resort to seeking out a helper or two on the forums here since I feel that I can trust fellow reefers to know the importance of not dropping the tank :D. I would like to get this sucker moved into the house tomorrow (Sunday 10/4), but that might not be possible. It should be an easy move for me plus another person (tank weighs about 300 lbs, the steel stand probably 350-ish?) but having three people working on it might be safer. There's no corners to go around (straight shot up some steps into the front door of the house into the living room area) and the tank is only 24" tall so it can be flipped on it's side to get it through the doorway with room to spare.

I lost nearly all of my SPS / LPS frags when I moved to this house back in April due to the cold weather and delay in being able to set the tanks back up, but I can give helpers large chunks of pulsing xenia, some palythoas that I was told were nuclear greens when I got them, and a pair of small green bubble tip anemones (1" diameter, they split from a larger GBTA that I had a while back and didn't notice them until I took down the tank they were in). Anyone down south near Tacoma / Fife have an hour or two free to do some moderately heavy lifting? I don't drink beer, but I can provide plenty of Mountain Dew! :lol:

Mission accomplished! Thanks Menace78 and brother! Now I don't have any more excuses to avoid working on this beast, because it's taking up about half of my living room area!

Back