ATI BM-250

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The way I think of it is, correct me if I am wrong, the skimate is more clear with the wetter because there is more water actually getting thru. The drier the darker it is with less water getting thru. If that makes sense? So say instead of skimming the top 10% of the bubbles, you skim the top 15-20% of the bubbles which produces more water in your skimate.

The way I understand it is that not all proteins bond with the air. Some more then others. Even the best skimmers do not remove all the proteins because not all proteins are the same thing and can not be removed by skimming. Someone had a great write up on some very in depth testing of some skimmers to see what it is that they actually remove from the water. If I can find the link I will post it. But what I remember is the skimite has the same specific gravity as the water.

hopefully you can find it because that sounds very interesting!

I found it.
Try and read threw it if you can understand the very technical information and terms they use then your good. There is a lot of it, that is a lot easer to digest information in between the very technical information. It’s a long read and mostly they are talking about two different skimmer for comparison but the bottom line data on both of them is the same as far as the information your looking for.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2010/1/aafeature

I need your input on my ATI BM200

well, with the gridwheel, and the new venturi, and new volute, they are getting over 3000lph at only 35 watts out of a sicce psk 2500!!!!
i was pretty blown away to say the least...
ATI-0305 Premium Aquatics - ATI-0305
now, how much more the gridwheel impeller alone will increase will depend upon what venturi you run, i notice the new style of ATI venturi is only like $20,
but then how much do the two increase the power without using the new ATI volute for the psk 2500 that you CANT buy seperately... so still some grey area, but suffice to say, it'll beat any mesh/pinwheel, and wont have start up issues... but im sure it doesnt do 3000lph without the new unidirectional volute...

I'm in a dilema where as I will be merging my SPS overloaded 125g into a 250DD and I am not entirely sure what my sump volume will be to determin if I need to continue w/ existing skimmer or mod it further to increase effectiveness, or go to an entirely new skimmer. The thing I dislike most about ATI is the Sicce pump erratic behavior. Need your wisdom skimmerman.

I'm in a dilema where as I will be merging my SPS overloaded 125g into a 250DD and I am not entirely sure what my sump volume will be to determin if I need to continue w/ existing skimmer or mod it further to increase effectiveness, or go to an entirely new skimmer. The thing I dislike most about ATI is the Sicce pump erratic behavior. Need your wisdom skimmerman.

well, if your talking an ATI 200, yes, i'd say thats a bit small for the 250g...
you should sell it, and look at the new ATI powercones

Back