• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ati Bubblemasters @ Barrier Reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Skimmy

SKIM FU
well after reading this thread at RC, i realized that barrier reef aquariums is one of only 3 stores in usa stocking these bad boys so far...otherwise you have to buy them online, and they arent even available yet. we will have ours by next week, and they will sell fast!!

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=976704&perpage=25&pagenumber=12

we will be receiving 2 of each model to sell,

ATI BUBBLEMASTER 150 for tanks up to 150g, 600 lph air, 7.5x6.4x20.5

ATI BUBBLEMASTER 200 for tanks up to 250g, 1,100 lph air, 13.8x8.6x18.9

ATI BUBBLEMASTER 250 for tanks up to 750g, 2,550 lph air, 15.9x9.5x21.7

call us for prices, 425 277 7670

regarding pricing....we are hoping to finalize the price points this weekend(12/9-12/10). lets all hope we do get our shipment...they said they were in stock and will ship next week.

just a note, these are in stock and selling fast!!!!! i think all the 200's are gone! im trying to see when we can get more! but we do have the 150's and 250's in stock, absolutely awesome!!

Would the Bubblemaster 200 be better than a Euro Reef RS180? I am looking for efficient, very quiet, reliable and hopefully cast design.

I am looking and narrowing down my choices. Which in your opinion would you prefer and why?

I have a ETSS 600 right now and want to get something with the pump attached.

I'm going down to Barrier Reef this weekend to take a look. I know everyone is nuts about the Bubblemaster but I don't know why?

Opinions greatly appruchiated..
Thanks,
Alison

I was a bit concerned about the light colored skimmmate (too wet for my taste). There is a rather lengthy thread on RC on these units, some have been experimenting with different things to make them skim a little dryer. I have read that they are going to come out with some accessories that will change the exit pipe, any word on that Cy? These look like great skimmers but I would like to see some "better" results. Anyone local with one of these running yet (preferably a 250)?

well, the ati bm200 has 1100 lph of air suction, the euroreef rs180 has 900lph of air suction, the ati uses 25 watts of power the euroreef rs180 uses 45 watts, the ati is 13.8 x 8.6 x 18.9, the euroreef is 11 x 13.5 x 24,
i do think the design of the ati is superior to euroreef as well, the air/water is injected at the very bottom of the skimmer at an angle so it spins around the bottom chamber for more contact and dwell time, then it goes though a diffusor plate so the turbulence in the skimmer body is greatly diminished, because of this the foam head is more stable and productive, and the skimmate is more impressive.
and lastly, the ati bm200 is only $50 more than the euroreef rs180.

I was a bit concerned about the light colored skimmmate (too wet for my taste). There is a rather lengthy thread on RC on these units, some have been experimenting with different things to make them skim a little dryer. I have read that they are going to come out with some accessories that will change the exit pipe, any word on that Cy? These look like great skimmers but I would like to see some "better" results. Anyone local with one of these running yet (preferably a 250)?

well, yes they do skim wetter, but that is vastly more productive than a dryer skimmate, it doesnt look as dark but you get out more nutrients from the tank when skimming wet, probably twice as much more.
imo, any skimmer worth their beans should be producing at least a cup a day per 100g of tank. also, i have seen plenty of pics of the ati skimmers pulling dark nasty goo, stock out of the box without chopping up your thread wheel, im sure alot of it has to do with tank load.
and the models that are being sold now have an adjuster on the return stand pipe for changing the water level in the skimmer, so you can run them wet or dry. (see pic)

Those pix are much better than the ones I saw before (they were very light, too light) I do agree these are very efficient looking units at a great price. Looking forward to seeing more pictures in the future. Any word on external models or a possible countercurrent model?

I've been following the thread on RC about the BM and I must say I am quite impressed with the results! Started off really light...too light, but now, wow they are pulling some gunk like nobody's business...yum:D

i think the shape of the threadwheel changes as it breaks in, thats why i think people need to wait a little longer before they trim their threadwheel.
and really with the adjustable return now, i see no reason to modify anything..imo

the bubblemaster 200 is $599.99, however we are awaiting our shipment.......when that will be we are unsure. the wholesaler sends them out as he recieves them. hopefully we will see the 200s sometime soon......the 150 and 250s are quite a ways out still. we will take reservations for 50% deposit.

I've been running a new BM 200 for about a week. It's not "broken in" yet (and I have a very light load at the moment with only 1 fish). But I can attest to the fact that it is 1000% quieter than my ETSS Evolution 500 and that makes me very happy. The pump that it comes with makes virtually no sound.

I would like to know which pumps opperate the ATI skimmers. I heard they are run by Eheim pumps.

Last edited:
My BM 200 (purchased used) has been going about a week and is finally dialed in. Runs quiet, pulls very little power and out performs my previous huge skimmer. As with any others, it slows way down when you put your hands in the tank. Growing fonder of it daily. If you have the funds, you would enjoy it.

Ed,

They use a Sicci Pump which, rumor has it, is made either by Tunze or by the company that builds pumps for Tunze. They only use 40 watts. Skimmy (Mark) will know which is correct.

Back