ATO System for large tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tyson256031

ive been having to top off around 10 gallons a week in the new tank, which is a pain in the butt to do all the time. whats a good system for toping of larger systems?

Anyone have any experience with Genesis systems?

Do you have a place to store top off water close to your tank or will you have to move it from a remote location? If you've only got a short distance to cover it's hard to beat a Tunze Osmolator. I've got one of those on the small tank in the garage. For my 180 I use a Spectrapure level controller that actuates a solenoid in the garage and moved water through 1/4" tubing under the house to the tank. Have no experience with Genesis.

Mike

We use the JBJ ATO system and have a remote storage system (55gal barrel) in the garage as well. The tubing runs through the wall into the kitchen and through our kitchen cabinets to the tank in the house. We also automated the RODI system to fill the ATO container by itself when float switches are tripped so it is pretty much completely hands off.

I'm running Tunze 3155 Osmolator and think it's the 2nd best ATO I've ever ran (first being my ProfiLux ATO set-up). I've ran it on a few different tanks and it's rock solid and super easy to set-up and run. The drawback to it is you can't use this method for a long distance/remote ATO setup.

I've used the ATO.com dual float switch and remote MJ1200 in a 20-55 gallon reservior on several systems now.

I was looking at the ATo system. I need it to fit under the tank, in the stand though. Where is a good place to get the food grade water storage barrels?

I could probably fit a 40 gallon barrel under there in the open space i have. Thanks guys!

BRS peristaltic ATO. It feeds my tank about 4 gallons a day but the tube wears out after 4-5 months.

Back