ATP's 120 Gallon Oceanic Tech Tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

looks good and another good trick is to take 2 liter bottles of water freeze them and then drop them in yur sump. but man its weird how you have problems with heat. So glad I didnt go with MH on my setup. With my 8 t5's my temp stays constant at 79 deg. all day and night. knock on wood that it doesnt mess up lol. But looking good.

The canopy is actually allready down. Temperature is maintaing at 80-82. Going to add a few more fans at the sump and one more at the top and that should help maintaing 80 degrees at most.
(the stand,smi canopy is not done yet. Still haven't got the time to do the wood working. school finals)
DSC00870.jpg

I did lost a couple of nice pieces :(

Sunset mil lost its pinkishness
DSC00872.jpg

Doughnut/scoly thing lost part of its meaty part
DSC00874.jpg

Birdsnest lost and purple haze bleached
DSC00875.jpg

BLue mili browned
DSC00876.jpg

Joe the coral browned and bleached (this is 1/2 of the colony. Other 1/2 was cut off because the bleaching didn't stop. Its stalling now)
DSC00881.jpg

dead misc. sps
DSC00880.jpg

Total lost:
1-birdsnest, 1-puple haze, 1-cali. tort, 1-unknown bluish tip acro, 1-small bonsai tha broke on accident, 1-unknown blue tort, 1-tri color.

Atleast, this one looks great :) (others are browned)
DSC00878.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your loss. Your new canopy design looks great, im sure it will help with your heating issue for sure.

Matt

The canopy helped a lot. From 90 degrees went to 82 overnight. Added a few fans and now its maintaing at 78 :)

Ph-8.2
KH-8
CA-460 ish
Mg-1160 - buffers

so now just waiting for the corals to color up. The tips of some of the SPS has a little color now, but still slower than I expected.

sorry to hear all the problems and losses. Nice setup though, really like the open canopy look. Keep it up, will look nice once you get the temp under control.

Got some new corals from Jeff :)

(pics are 1/2 an hour after put into tank)

Blue Tort
DSC00889.jpg

Becker Tort
DSC00899.jpg

Pearlberry
DSC00900.jpg

Chalice
DSC00901.jpg

Acan
DSC00892.jpg

Slimer
DSC00902.jpg

GARF Bonsai
DSC00915.jpg

Tri Color
DSC00903.jpg

Most of the polyps are coming out. The tri color is kinda slow, but I don't blame it. I was holding it at the base and thought it was a rock, but part of it was glue and it "disconnected" and fell. Lucky only "some" of the tips broke and no branches was broken off.

Back