Aussie fish list

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tyson256031

Hi,

Do you know of an all aussie fish list? I've been looking for one because I want to try really hard to stay all aussie in my tank, but its hard as I want tangs and other fish.

Thank you

Sorry, I don't know of any. However, it shouldn't be hard to find through the Internet. You can look up and find books on ornamental fishes of the Australian waters. You can also search the Internet for this iinformation.

Many of the Australian fishes are in general Pacific fishes. Some are unique to the Australian waters and a few species have a slight marking/color variation than those further north. Setting up a geographically correct aquarium is an admirable goal, which few hobbyists are happy doing. Good luck to you! ;)

Hey Tyson, very cool plan and hope you can pull it off. I was really debating on going to all Hawaiian fish and corals but already buckled by deciding to keep my Powder Blue, Tailspot Blenny, Pink Stylo, Yellow Fiji... and and and
If your near Mill Creek area I have the complete Pacific Marine Fishes series, book #7 fishes of the great barrier reef & book #9 fishes of western australia you can borrow or just take a look at. I'm pretty busy with my tank transfer at the moment to post up To drool over list of Australian Fishes but your welcome to stop by.

Cheers, Todd

Thank you guys! I know i really want a powder blue tang, and clown tang, and so on... like you have haha. I did some looking on the internet but finding the selection the US is tough, I might do a pacific tank so i can find a good variety of fish. corals and inverts aren't a big issue though.

tyson,

if u have the space for angelfish...the austrailan scribbled and false personifier angels are colorful and hardy, but very pricey...

I thought angel fish ate coral and inverts? if not then that could open up a whole new world :D

not all of them...depends on how frequently you feed them...I feed mine 3-4 times a day and have no issues..

but as in this hobby, there are no guarantees. :D

i wish i had the time like that to feed my fish lol, i should probably stay away from angles as i feed once every 2 days or so lol

Cairnsmarine.com are a large Queensland collecting outfit. They only wholesale so you can't deal with them direct but they list 90% of collected species under the Atlas heading. That should give you an idea of whats readily available from them in the US.

There are also some local rarities that are unlisted but these are in such low numbers that they dont make it to the list.

Hth and good luck!
Angie

Back