auto top off

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burning2nd

Anyone know of a auto topoff, that doesnt require a drilling of the tank or glass and works with 1/4 inch line?

the top off i have for my RO tank is nice but it requires a drilling witch i dont want ot do cause the sump has water in it.

is there anything that hangs over the side that works with 1/4 inch line and is adjustabul ride hight?

Mine meets all of those specs, but it was built and not a normal commercial product. Herefishyfishy has the second ATO that I built. It uses two float switches and hangs on the side of the sump. The height is adjustable since the mounts for the float switches can be easily changed. I can post some pictures of it if you are interested.

I have one but i don't know the name of it. My LFS is closed today so i can't find out till tomorrow but its mainly a tube that suctions to the glass that is triggered by air presure. When the pressure is low the top off is on when pressure is high top off is off.

Hi burning2nd: I have not had any experience with this company or product, but was looking at this as a possible solution. Perhaps this may help you also:

http://autotopoff.com/

hth,
Rob

ya that be great if you could post me a pic,

Im looking for some way of runing a T at my Ro setup (30 ft way) up over the cilling and down thur the wall

Rob that one looks like what i need, a 90degree and the floating thing, but it says stuff about pumps and stuff.

Picture3001052.jpg

Picture3001053.jpg

Im not sure,

so your saying i can have 1 of 2 ways

a pump in the ro tank with a switch in the sump

or a (non electial) switch in the sump with a line that has water presure behind it all the time.

Im not sure,

so your saying i can have 1 of 2 ways

a pump in the ro tank with a switch in the sump

or a (non electial) switch in the sump with a line that has water presure behind it all the time.

You can do whatever it is you want or as elaborate as you want. I dont like the float valve in the sump idea but some have had decent luck with it. Mine uses a electric valve connected to a optical sensor, fed by rodi pressure no pumps. You can do the same with just a float switch set up.
Some use a tank and just pump it in and use a float to keep the tank full. I think the solenoid is the cleanest most space saving set-up. The cost is close to the same either way.

Don

I bought mine from Autotopoff.com a couple weeks ago and am very happy with them thus far. I got the double switches for safety. I have one switch that turns on a solenoid that fills the reservoir tank (5 gal bucket). There is a pump in the reservoir that circulates the water in the bucket. A Mag2 is fitted with 1/2 PVC outflow that t's to a home made venturi (providing aeration to the topoff water) and the 1/4 tubing that feeds the solinoids connected to switchs in each of the 3 sumps.

ok im sorry i see now, solinoid vaulve (after the t) then the float switch at the sump hangin on that black thing

Double Switch - Sump Mount
Item #201 Tank Lip Size: 1" (fits 0.25 - 1")
$50.00 USD
Solenoid Valve
Item #510 $35.00 USD
Tubing 1/4" tubing - 1 foot
Item #532 $6.00 USD

will that do it for me?

Don is yours rdy for a 1/4inch inlet?

Mine is all rodi and tubing no pumps or pipes. Easy to implement. All you need is a rodi, 2 float switches, 12v wall wart and 12 solenoid valve. Get your rodi ran over to the tank and get parts from mcmaster and the rest is easy. The hardest part is making a hanger for the switches but thats easy enough.

Don

cool thanks guys
ill let ya know how that goes later.

gonna be a little b4 i can do it cause im broke but this will help

Back