AUTOMATIC water topoff

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

travis_

Sea Cucumber
I am hooking my RO unit directly to my sump with a float valve to save hauling water. However, I am concerned that if the float valve fails it will flood my system and decrease my salinity. I read somewhere that there was a way to make these failproof. I think it included hooking the RO unit up to a water based timer. Anyone have any input on how to do this,

Much apprecaited!

Travis

Now i feel like a hillbilly, i just hooked up my auto top off but i just run a 5 gallon jug with some nylon tubbing to a farm barrel float valve. its a black box and it works awsome it sits in my sump just fine. and i have had any problems thus far :) ill have to take some pictures if u want.

that is basically what I currently have in place exceopt with a drip valve instead of a float, but now with my total volume at 200 gallons the 5 gallons only lasts a couple days.

Now i feel like a hillbilly, i just hooked up my auto top off but i just run a 5 gallon jug with some nylon tubbing to a farm barrel float valve. its a black box and it works awsome it sits in my sump just fine. and i have had any problems thus far :) ill have to take some pictures if u want.

Back