AutoTOpoff.com

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i have a double switch, its bin runing for 2 days now, im leaveing in a little bit.

the thing is they messed up my order didnt send me some things, but sent me more then i needed.

i odered a single, a solonoid and 35 feet of 1/4+ a dollar snail guard (witch i can make) But when i got my order it had a single a double a pump and a solonoid i was pissed at first cause i gotta leave 2 day, but after takeing a look at what i had, i noticed that i had gotten something better then what i had orderd.

the way my set works (and i would like it to be constint) (but what about membrain life?)

is i have the ro unit taped in right above the water heaters cold side, goes thur the wall to the unit comes out and goes to the rodi holding tank (45 gal rubbermaid) i have the DM2 tds meter befor and after the filer (but b4 it gets to the holding tank)
RIght b4 the blue line goes in to the holding tank i have a Tee, with a ball valve this line runs about 40 feet over the cealing down the wall and to the solonoid, then in to the tank.

i have the double switch setup but i dont have the 2nd back up switch above the first, i have it well look.
over in the other room,
Picture3001104.jpg

Picture3001108.jpg

Use a small pump in your rubbermaid holding holding tank to drive water to the sump. Plug the pump into the switch rather than the solinoid. Then you can have a constant water level and only run your RO intermitently to save the membrane. I use the solinoids because I have the one bucket/pump feeding 3 sumps. If you only have one tank to top off the little dosing pump the sell may be a better idea.

ok,

keep the pump on all the time in the sump. and use the soloinoid to control the water flow?

that was i can turn my ro unit off.

thats a good idea, ill have to see about adapting the pump i have 2 the 1/4 line.

2 plug the pump in to the switch i would have 2 run 45 feet or so or extention cord.

if i had the pump on all the time in the sump and the solnoid cotroling the flow at the sump?????

of the switch controling the pump and no solonoid all together

Back