Baby Brine Shrimp for Anemones?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ReefJeff

Hello Friends,

I currently have two bubble tip anemones that have shrunk down in size and no tenticles flowing in the waves. I tried feeding them shrimp pieces, krill, and other bottled foods, but they still won't get back to the size they were 6 months ago.

I have 2 maroon clowns hosting them now maybe they are too aggresive? Either way I don't want to loose them. My LFS suggested harvesting Baby Brine Shrimp and just feed my 50 gallon reef every other day a good batch. The little swimmers are bound to be eaten up by the anemones.

Are my anemones possibly too far gone to come back to life? I know it is not my lighting as I have a 36" T-5 4-bulb setup that was recommended by this website. I replace all the bulbs new and there was no change in the anemones.

My water conditions are awesome, Monitored 3 times per week. Running 100% RO water, all levels are great, even calcium is about 480.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

ReefJeff

Try getting one of those critter cages to get them away from the clowns you can keep the critter cage in the tank and see if the recover then

Back