Baby Clowns

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Depends...Sometimes, they won't even host an anemone. I've had quite a few clowns when I had an anemone and never was lucky. Hopefully they will find yours :)

I've had my baby clown for two months and he doesn't even notice the anenome. :( My husband keeps telling me to throw the clown over towards the anenome...geez....what a rookie!
:lol:

I just got two brand new baby clowns. Will they automatically find my Anemone to host? Just wondering.

I purchased 2 tank raised baby False Percs last week, and they immediately hosted my BTA and my LTA. They swim back and forth between the two anenomes all day long.

Brian

Hey, hey, hey..........no braggin' allowed, ha ha ha!!!

I purchased 2 tank raised baby False Percs last week, and they immediately hosted my BTA and my LTA. They swim back and forth between the two anenomes all day long.

Brian

90 gallon tank have had clowns and anemone for 2 years - No hosting.
55 gallon tank - hosted immediately
25 gallon tank - less than 10 minutes

i found that before i had anenome and i added one the clowns wernt sure about it so i picked the rock up it was on and showed the clown fish putting it near them and then after that they started hosting it the would only stay on one side of the tank but now if i move the anenome they'd follow it around all day

Finally!!! I had given up hope that my clownfish would host my anenome. We were in Vegas last weekend and when we got home, there he was, swimming around the two (they had split) RBTAs. Maybe he was just waiting for a bigger house to move in to. Thank goodness for the "positive" things that go on in the tank!!!

:oops:

Finally!!! I had given up hope that my clownfish would host my anenome. We were in Vegas last weekend and when we got home, there he was, swimming around the two (they had split) RBTAs. Maybe he was just waiting for a bigger house to move in to. Thank goodness for the "positive" things that go on in the tank!!!

:oops:

I have two clowns hosting in my carpet anemone, one hosting in my hairy mushrooms and my neon green bubble tip is all alone. Distance from my bubble tip and hairy mushroom 4 inches. You just never know what the clowns will decide is the best place to call home.

I have some baby ocellaris and this is what happened within 5 minutes of adding this poor, lone anemone into their tank:

Attachments

• nemos (Large).jpg
    nemos (Large).jpg
    34.5 KB
peterdinh,
you can try to feed the clowns there favorite food like in a turkey baster when they start to realize that food comes out of it they will start to follow it around the tank then squirt some food on to the anemone they will dive in after it ...... and hopefully they realize what it is

FYI. Clowns don't host Anemones. Anemones host the Clowns...

Anemones host clowns by giving them security, protection and a place to live.

Clowns host anemones by providing them with foods and cleaning services.

IMO, it works both ways as they're caring for eachother.

Vicki

Back