Bad City H2O in Kent...any one else?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

K,
Paul has a 155 gallon container with lid at his place. It would make me feel good if you used it. You could hook up your RO/DI and fill it and then use it as a reservoir. That is another option if you like? There are still a lot of good people around ya. That is what makes this hobby so fun, people working together and sharing.

Ed-you are so nice thanks for the suggestion. I am still concerned about how to top off automatically when I am gone.

warforged-I checked out that link...it sounds very easy and may just do the trick. I am currrently prefiltering with a 5 micron filter I am not sure that I should need more. When I get home I will do some more investigation.
Thanks

Paul said Eric had same issue. Paul said you are most likely on same water supply as Eric. They added a extra Charcoal canister inside to make a five stage unit. Paul can give you more information. No, you were not the only one with this issue.

Good news to report. After fouling two more filters on Thursday and Friday. I replaced them on Saturday and I have learned today from the City that they have turned off that Tacoma water source for now. It may be turned on again in the future but for now water is running clean again. :)
Thanks for all the help.

Nice, glad to know that you are back on a good supply for now! Sounds like the City of Kent was working with you, at least trying to keep you informed. Again, glad to hear things are moving in the positive direction.

All the Best
artguy1

hope to hear more from ya!

Good news to report. After fouling two more filters on Thursday and Friday. I replaced them on Saturday and I have learned today from the City that they have turned off that Tacoma water source for now. It may be turned on again in the future but for now water is running clean again. :)
Thanks for all the help.

K,
I miss seeing ya at Meetings. I am glad you are bad to normal. :)

Hi Ed,
I need to get back into the club. I miss seeing everyone too. I got so busy after I moved and it seems to never end...I know every one is busy these days. I just need to make time. I will definately try.
I am curious about the "bad to normal" observation you mentioned. :lol: You know me I guess.
Take care and thanks for your help.

K,
I miss seeing ya at Meetings. I am glad you are bad to normal. :)

I need to use spell check more often, sorry.

Back to Normal.:oops:...There is a meeting today. Prefunction at Red Robin in Bellevue at 11am. Meeting is at 1pm at Bellevue Community College in our regular room. The Guest speaker is charismatic, young with a lot of experience. A few of us enjoyed pounding a few with him at last presentation, picking his mind. He is from Denver. I guarantee you will walk away with new information about your reef tank. The Topic is Flow in Reef Tanks, why its so important. You ever notice how a frag grows so slow to a certain size then it grows faster after that certain size? You want to learn why? Come to the meeting. Again, I hope to see your smiley face.
Your Friend,
Ed:)

K,

Wow, you're back! I've been away as well.

I think we need to have a meeting for those who were away...and now back :)

Best,
ilham

I think that is a great idea! We all need a little motivation incentive every now and again. :) I need to make the time. Life gets busy fast...we need to slow down and enjoy it.
Have a great Thanksgiving.

K,

Wow, you're back! I've been away as well.

I think we need to have a meeting for those who were away...and now back :)

Best,
ilham

Back