Bahamian Profiles of reefs, rocks and puddles

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
This is just my little contribution to the hobby.

I decided to start a thread showing some of the things you can find around the Bahamas. 95% of what you will see just be "catch and release" type photos. I'm not really the type to throw anything in my tank, but figured some photos may interest some of you. I have no idea the ID on some of these, but will post them anyway.

Here are the first few photos from today when Andrew and I went out at low tide. The puddles were no more than 5-6 inches deep. I'll post some more I have in the camera later.

I hope you'll enjoy:)

Sea urchins

Britle star

Zoo's

Snail

Get some zoos Krish, Get some zoos! Get some Zoos! GET SOME ZOOS!
Hey Krish put some of those zoos in your tank.
You might wanna put some of those zoos in your tank, man.
LOL
Cool man, LOL
I like the idea you had, thanks for doing that for us.
Steve

Awsome thread. I love this kind of thing. I would love to just look around and pick up things to observe them. Thanks Krish, very much!

Hmm...So you guys do like um hey? Here are some more...

Another type of brittle star

Something...There's a lot of it out there(LOL)

A softy (I believe that's what it is) taken in Andrews tank which was found at the same place which was washed up with the tide. He's trying to save it and I think he's making it.

A curb Andrew got for his tank a few weeks ago that already has coraline growing on it. Also, you can see how he saved a bleached out broken frag he found that is coming back as well

Nice pictures krish i'm with Steve.......TAKE SOME Zoos..NIce shot's glad to see what you have in your backyard....LOL...This is all I got...

Steve, I found about 4-5 zoo's sitting loosely in a puddle not even attached to a rock at all that I have sitting in my sump. The thing is in darkness and is still out. I can't decide if to put it in my tank though. Too much bio-load!(LOL JK) I have a small rock I may attach it to if I can figure out how to attach it then I may put it in. I don't want the things to spread all over the tank. Just isolated to one rock. Also, unlike Andrew, I won't touch it(LOL) I had to put a baggie over my hand! The photos with the hand holding the brittle star is Andrews!(LOL) Like I've said, I won't touch anything:)

The place where all the photos were taken is like a grave yard to me. Not the nicest looking bottom to say the least. I wouldn't dare walk there barefoot(LOL) I guess the place looks that way because it is exposed to people walking over it and being out of the water at low tide etc. Not a reef at all.

Here is a photo of the place. You can see what the waves have done to the shoreline there

I may add a few old photos of when I caught my french angel etc. incase someone never got a chance to see it.

amazing! Yeah you have to watch out for the zoo's and their palytoxins, especially with cuts! ;) :D

-Josh-:cool:

Well Krish your going to get the same bio load as if they are in your tank buddy. I think that your sump and main tank are one system essentially :)

amazing! Yeah you have to watch out for the zoo's and their palytoxins, especially with cuts!

-Josh-

Yeah, and I'm allergic to everything anyway(LOL) I can't even touch squid when we go fishing! It makes my hands peel!

Nice pictures krish i'm with Steve.......TAKE SOME Zoos..NIce shot's glad to see what you have in your backyard....LOL...This is all I got...

I wish I had those dogs in my backyard!(LOL)

the zoo's are pretty cool. awesome idea keep um coming

Thanks! Remember what we talked about the other day via pm?(LOL) I wonder what will happen:)

Awsome thread. I love this kind of thing. I would love to just look around and pick up things to observe them. Thanks Krish, very much!

No problem man...I wanted to do this long time. I would have gotten a lot more photos, but the weather wasn't the greatest. This was just one spot I go to when I want snails. The other spot we went to after was like a storm so we left.

you are so lucky.any more pic?any wide pic. of tidepool

Yeah, I'm kinda lucky I guess:) The problem is I won't really take much. Only something that is already broken off or dying to see if I can bring back (coral, zoos etc) Now fish and snails is another story(LOL) Too many to just leave swimming around. I just posted a photo above of that place. If you guys don't mind a few repeat photos for now, I'll dig a few of the old ones up.

Get some zoos Krish, Get some zoos! Get some Zoos! GET SOME ZOOS!
Hey Krish put some of those zoos in your tank.
You might wanna put some of those zoos in your tank, man.
LOL
Cool man, LOL
I like the idea you had, thanks for doing that for us.
Steve

Zoos!(LOL) They are so small. All of them are small. Not sure if those ones get big at all. There are literally thousands out there everywhere as well as a bunch of different algaes etc.

Well Krish your going to get the same bio load as if they are in your tank buddy. I think that your sump and main tank are one system essentially

Yeah, I know...Just talking crap. I didn't want to dump them in my tank until I decided if I wanted them. I always get teased for only having a few fish so when I said about too much bio-load I meant adding anything extra at all sump, tank whatever(LOL)

Just super glue them to the plastic cover on the overflow box. Cant spread to far, and it will hide it over time. You need zoos man. zoos rock. they are awesome.

Just super glue them to the plastic cover on the overflow box. Cant spread to far, and it will hide it over time. You need zoos man. zoos rock. they are awesome.

LOL...Not my overflow! I will super glue it to one of my rocks I saved from the 90 and see what it does. I just need some glue...

ohh dood that's awesome !!!
those zoos are really really kewl... i wish i could pick them up for free like that :) .

ohh dood that's awesome !!!
those zoos are really really kewl... i wish i could pick them up for free like that .

:) Cool huh! Glad you like! There will be many more photos in time...

Krish those Zoo's our bad azz! I would pick them up and sell it to the states. I'll even buy them off of you. LoL. Yuor lucky to be living there. Keep coming with the pics.

Krish those Zoo's our bad azz! I would pick them up and sell it to the states. I'll even buy them off of you. LoL. Yuor lucky to be living there. Keep coming with the pics.

Thanks! I just superglued 5 of them to a rock and they look great! I'll post a picture tomorrow

Back