Baking my rock

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Curt's right about A. Barbatum. I've seen people getting rid of it with the scrubing and others with emerald crabs. I'm not one to reccomend critters to get rid of problems, but since you have the LR in buckets you can try the EC and remove them b4 placing the LR back in the tank. Just an option.

Most people's rock is saturated with nutrients from the start. If you had to make a decision to get LR that had broken off a reef due to storms and had to risk a wave impaling you on a reef or diving in shallow water and just grabbing rock, which would you choose?

This photo shows one of the areas that we use for the harvest of our Fiji Premium. The area shown on the left is about 40 kilometers in length and runs along the western side of the main Island. We are able to utilize this coast because of its heavy agricultural runoff and high nutrient content in the water. Very little coral grows on this coast because of the heavy wave action and large amounts of sediment and algae (including coralline) in the water.

then we power wash it to remove the mud.

Premium Walt Smith Fiji Live Rock

This is not where most people picture their LR coming from if I had to take a guess.

That sounds like an idea I am going to have to try it. Thanks

Chris

Don't powerwash them at this point. I was pointing out that the rocks were collected from mud and they had to be powerwashed.

No I wasn't going to power wash them I was going o scrub them before they go into the next tub of saltwater to bake some more.

Chris

Back