Barbie's 37 gallon cube (dialup beware!)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks for the kudos! It's definitely growing well! A few of the corals are still recovering from falls against each other and what not, before I realized I was going to have to glue everything down. Most are growing and encrusting happily though. At least the learning curve hasn't been too steep yet with all of this ;).

The powerhead has a hydor flo rotator. It keeps the flow from being directional. With the scwd on a large pump behind the rock pile, it does seem to be doing a good job of keeping everything moving in different directions all the time at least. The diffuser was cheap, and for a small tank like this it's a bit bulky, but definitely works for quite a bit less money than my other options. I'd never expect one to do any good for a tank bigger than this though. You know, if I was already mentally planning a bigger tank to move this stuff into now that there's only room for a couple more frags ;).

The coral on the left of the first picture in my last post is one of the originals I added to the tank. I knew it had grown, but holy wow, this is it at the end of June!

normal_sps3.jpg

The tank has ended up being stuffed full of rock, which isn't quite my preference, but oh well, it will give me that much more that's already purple when I figure out how to get a 120 plumbed through to my basement so I can hook a frag tank or two inline. Anyone have any ideas for convincing the other half that I really NEED such a thing? ;).

Barbie

Last edited:
NICE!!! Thanks for the info. I've seen them on some of the sponsors websites and wondered how good they worked. Keep up the good work with your tank! Best of luck!

Just thought I'd give a little update. A friend has given me a few frags that would disappear in her tank recently and I realized I haven't taken any pictures in a few months. I've had a few losses and damaged corals from the turbos I needed for algae being strong enough to break loose the super glue, but all in all it's doing great. There's definitely a tank upgrade in my future at this point, as I think even 2 months growth will have stuff touching. It sure looks neat though with all those little frags ;). Excuse the terrible picture please!

Barbie

Back