battery back up for tank?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

carolgyrl1

Hello, I need to find a power back up- I have a 240 gallon dt , I had a flood a couple of years ago from a broken auto fill lid cracking, so I have ordered a flood monitor that will call me, now, I am worried about a battery backup in casr the power goes off ( maybe while on vacation?) Any ideas?

I have a UPS system that I got from work. Its not sufficient to run my whole system but if the power goes out I have limited circulation/flow and heat. No lights and my MP10s won't work but the return up gives a little bit of flow from the sump. I read horrible things about how ineffective they were but mine runs my tank for a full 2 days with just those to components running. Its bare bones but it works. I got it for free but I know you can buy them in the 700 dollar range.

I wound up getting a gas/oil generator. 1200 watts. $under $130.00 new on ebay. So, I now have a water leak detecter, power outage/ temperature combination that will call my cell if it detects a problem. I feel better already!!

Back