BB with coraline

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I think you'll love it Krish...The coraline grows really quickly, especially if you've got good flow and plenty of calcium for it to suck up ;)

Thanks reelheel!

Here it is...My new bb setup! I just posted it on my other thread, but figured I'd put it here too. Just an idea of how it looks. The water isn't really settled yet nevertheless, is still a pretty good shot and idea

That's awesome...I absolutely love the aquascaping.
I like how there's multiple caves, holes, nooks, crannies, etc. LOL
This is how I always try to scape my tanks...open all the way around and plenty of space in-between the rocks for the fish to swim and hide.

Thanks! They are all balanced too(LOL) I did it like that for better flow and I have equal space infront of the rocks as well as behind! Not much detritus stays behind in there and I think with the BB, it will be even easier to remove!

FWIW here's a couple of pics of my BB getting covered with coralline Krish, tank is 3 1/2 mos. old. BTW your tank looks great!!! ;)

Here's a Tank Slave :D
Slave.jpg

Right side of the tank notice the nice pinkie bottom. :D
BBCoralline1.jpg

HTH
George

Nice George! That's a really nice tank you have and I love the look of the coraline on the bottom. I'm going out to the rocks again this weekend at low tide to collect some more things with coraline on them. You can find rocks, glass bottle pieces...whatever around here. I want to get a few pieces and scrape off the coraline and add it to the tank. I've done it before and helped spread it a bit and now that I'm bb, I want to add some to the bottom and see if it will grip to it before the next water change...

BTW, thanks for the compliment on my tank:)

The way I see it the SB is not competing with the coralline for nutrients anymore (it's still algae ;) ) also , at least in my case chem is a lot more stable now. All I add to the tank is 2 part and KW.

Back