BC 29 LED upgrade help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

biocube14

Hey I want to add some of the Ecoxotic panorama LED modules to the inside of my bc 29 hood, and was thinking about adding two of them.(they are 12 W each) With the stock PC lighting would this be too much heat? Or too much light for a smallish tank? I weant to be able to keep sps but not clams or anything.

So is 2 modules plus the stock lighting okay and will it keep sps? Thanks :)

Did you try to do sps without adding the LED? do you really think panorama LED will add that much?
Im just asking since i havent seen these panorama. It would be nice if you have tried to do SPS and for some reason you cant keep them...

Yea I've tried some acros before with not a lot of luck. I know that people use 3 of these modules for 14g cubes and they are able to keep Sps. So would 2 plus the stock lighting be good?

Please dont get me wrong and please take this as a grain of salt. When i checked the price of the panorama light, its almost the same price as the 7 led par 38? Like this one. And you mentioned you want two. Then maybe two of these par 38 will more than enough even without your original lighting. Save electricity? Open top? looks more apealing? like these ones?

This one

This one

Or this.
downsized0414002055.jpg

Or this.
P1010450.jpg

To be honest, you might be better off with these par38's. And with the tank size you have, maybe you can start with one... and add another later on.

And for almost the same price of one par 38... maybe you can build one of these...

Just want to maximize your dollar value. The big difference is the quality of LED that you will be using.

Last edited:
I have a 29bc with 3 panorama leds 2 50/50 and 1 453nm blue. I just ordered another to put where the feeder door is. So that it can cover the front corals. I have sps,lps,zoos and ricordias. Everything is doing great

Sent from my super Android phone

Back