becket injector question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have been running becketts for many years and it takes 900 gal per hour to just run 1 beckett with a good pump like Iwaki MD55RLT, to run 4 becketts with one pump you will need balance water flow to each beckett which is very hard to do with a very small space because it takes a water flow control for each beckett.

This is true, 4 beckets are very difficult to dial in.

with a ball valve before each injector you can probably dial them all in, but it will be a never ending battle to keep them dialed in, it may be a better idea to run two pumps, one for each side!

whats happening is the first two beckets are taking up 90% of the flow and not leaving enough for the other two. (one beckett can use up to 3,000 gph no problem) there form not leaving any for the others...

I would be more then willing to help you with this skimmer if you like, just bring it on down to my place and I will help you figure it out...

Sent me a pm if you need more help...

matt

the ball valves do not work very well for flow control,you need a flow control valve.

" flow control valve." You mean like a gate valve right ? one for each bekett?

How could you tell if the pressure was even ?

FYI the pump he is using is a monster.

It is 8500 GPH And A pressure rated pump to boot !

Will Balancing them make the skimming any Better?

Why not just shut off one-- Leaving two at full bore ( 300gph each?) and the third at 2500gph?

Would that be any better at skimming?

Or make any difference at skimming?

:)

Paul

Last edited:
I understand that. What are the hoses connected to your injectors for?

They go to a carbon chamber. It helps keep pollutants out.
000_2267_edited.jpg

To get a quad beckett skimmer to work with one pump you need a 4 into 1 straight adapter at the pump. Plumb each injector individually. Dual becketts are a pita you just have twice as much pain. :)

Don

Back