beckett injector

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

keener1830 Make sure you ask them if the injector is removable for cleaning. If it's not the thing is worthless. If a small snail gets in there it will stop working. Are you looking for an injector with a housing or just the injector?

Brian

The unit is removeable from the one on ebay. i would like to find one with the housing since I have never built one before and that is one less thing for me to do. But it if is easy and someone has plans let me know it might save me money
thanks

Oh, it is really easy to make one like that.

All you need is a 1/4" tap and drill bit for it, the 1" pvc coupler (get it at Home Depot or Lowes), a 1/4" ball valve (from Home Depot) and some o-rings for the beckett (get from the sink repair aisle in Home Depot).

Take the top and bottom rings off the beckett, and use the o-rings to hold it together, I use 2 on the wide part and one on the narrow part. It will slip right into the coupling. Mark a spot a little above the holes on the beckett on the outside of the coupling and take it back out. Now drill the hole on your mark, and tap it with the tap. The ball valve will screw right in.

I use a needle valve from my old MR-2 for my housing but it is the same. This is a really easy DIY. Glue a union to the top and bottom and you're set!

Good luck!

Jamie

I got mine from some garden supply store over a year ago. If you do find them, get a bunch :)

Sorry I don't have better info.

Jamie

Keener,

For the $17... the deal on E-bay you linked to is about what it will cost you to do-it-yourself. The 1" slide housing runs about $4.50... and the attached air valve runs about another $4.50... then a couple 0-rings to keep the beckett together, not to mention the actual beckett injector itself (if you can find them seperately)...so you've just about added up to the price there on e-bay

The Beckett injectors themself are getting harder and harder to find by themself.

They are also used in "Fountain" foam heads... the type people put out in their yard. However, at Home Depot they are only sold in kits... with a ton of other fountain pieces you won't want... and the cheapest I found those kits for was $17.

I still have a whole bag full of injectors I ordered from Beckett, I'll PM you.

Oh, and the 1 1/4" pipe repair sections (Home Depot or Lowe's) work wonderfully for a beckett housing. A little dremel work is needed to get the small bushing into the housing, and the large bushing with the ring can just be tossed. A little teflon tape on that end and it fits in the housing nicely.

There are some pics of a (very ugly but functional) skimmer I made with one at the following link.

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13697

Last edited:
Back