bedroom tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

BlackRed+Yellow

I have set up a tank in my bedroom....
It is a small tank ( 20 gal tall ). It will be a MacroAlgae Live Rock/Sand Tank.
I would also like to add select Inverts (yet to be decided) But hopefully no corals...
In Time I will also like to add a pair of seahorses (probably erectus).
So far, the tank has a 4in Sandbed, 16lbs of live rock and a start of Caulerpa Prolifera and halimeda (will add more plant life soon).
Right now the tank is being filtered with a BioWheel Powerfilter, but I have an AquaC Remora Protein Skimmer that I will plug in after the plant life has taken off and about a week or two before I had the horses.

I will be more than happy to update anyone of this tanks progress in the weeks to come if interested. My only concern right now is the noise of the Skimmer. I have not yet used my new AquaC Remora. But I have used Bak Pak Skimmers in the past, I like them much but was afraid they might be too loud to be in a room where I'm going to try to sleep...Has anyone had experience with the Remora Skimmers?
-thats' all

I have the AquaC Urchin, which is just like the remora but without the hang-on part. Its noisy. Its a constant white noise in the background. It sounds like youre spraying a hose into a bucket full of water and the nozzle of the hose is just barely touching the surface.

I had FW tanks in the bedroom for years, it took a long time to sleep well without them:D . Look forward to updates & pics!

don't know about the remora but I have both the 150 and 180 with mag 7's and I can't tell it's running unless I look at it or touch it.

I will also be interested in the tank's progress. In my experience with the Remora, I didn't notice noise, but it was in an active room. It will probably become like Scooterman said....something you can't sleep without!

Back