Been Over a Year!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Peppie

Just looking at some dates on the board and this Thread has been stagnet for over a year!!!

What do ya all say about doing a work shop ????

Lets get some input .

Lets post up some ideas. Once we get ideas and pin it down to a specific item, I will head up the workshop, I will provide the space (if enough are interested, maybe I can swindle OBD into opening their back door)

We should probably set it up for mid to late Jan. So the holidays are behind us. This will also give some time to get the word out.

OK Lets see some of your thoughts.

dont know if this has been done, but I would like (from acrylic):

1. probe holders
2. lookdown box (possible deep enough to take pics from top)

Adding to this, maybe an Acrylic Work 101. Simple projects like probe hoilders, lookdown box, frag rack, Sock holders, fish trap, (Hey Dave I still have your fish trap) maybe a simple reactor.. If we got people to commit we could order a 5 gallon bucket of Weld On 3 and a bunch of squeeze bottles with needles and everyone who registered for the workshop would get a bottle of solvent to take home and play with. You could show how to make a basic scraper for cleaning up edges of acrylic after cutting, I can bring my Band Saw, it would be fun and educational.

dont know if this has been done, but I would like (from acrylic):

1. probe holders
2. lookdown box (possible deep enough to take pics from top)

Yea were up for it. We could cut all the project parts and have every come into the shop and do the assembly their. Bring something warm though Matt is still frozen solid to the back door, lol

Mike

Acrylic accessories sounds great!

I'd be happy to bring something 'warm', as long as participants are over 21! :party: Then again, maybe save that for afterwards! :rofl:

Come on people !!!!

134 people have viewed this post and we have 2 maybe 3 suggestions ????

Dont be afraid to speak up

We need more ideas!!!!!

Are you talking about hands on or a tutorial here in the diy forums?

What about plumbing an overflow, different types and how each one works

Now that is getting much better!!

Choices, we all like choices. And I may add some damn good ones.

Lorie, I think we can do both. We can choose a hands on (everyone builds one) We can also do an in-depth presentation of a topic, such as the overflow styles.

Keep the ideas coming

The more we have to choose from the better chance we have of getting some items that people will actually show up to make and learn about.

Thanks for the responses to date. All suggestions are noted.

I was thinking something similar to the avast porthole device that attaches to a camera's lens that allows you to take top down pictures

We may have a winner here folks.
Doing some research as you read.

Need someone to come up with a DSLR lens so we can make a couple of protos.
Want to keep the price down as low as possible.

Wood working classes from the masta would b awsome!

Diy simple sump build. Tank, baffles or set of baffles or bubble trap and some silicone or watever.

Diy rock

Aptasia, mojano, lil rock nem zapper?!?!

How's, wats, and have its of biopellets?!?! I feel no one knows or uses em...
Hths
D

Wood working classes from the masta would b awsome!

Diy simple sump build. Tank, baffles or set of baffles or bubble trap and some silicone or watever.

Diy rock

Aptasia, mojano, lil rock nem zapper?!?!

How's, wats, and have its of biopellets?!?! I feel no one knows or uses em...
Hths
D

Great suggestions Dev,
Woodworking is out of the question. LOL Time and tools are on the short end of most.

The zapper is do-able, but electricity and saltwater is a sure bet that someone would be contacting a lawyer.

The sump is a good one if it were a glass tank and just add baffles. Acrylic would be difficult and spendy.

The rock is simple and cheap. Down side is you have cure it for weeks!!

Back