Below Sea Level?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dnjan

alveopora
Is Below Sea Level closing? Last time I went by there, it looked like a remodel was going on and the tank in front was gone.

Any other information?

yup, they are definately closed, i know because i bought most of his gear off him!:) i will be opening a shop in a couple months in the north seattle area myself, so hopefully i will be able to accomodate all below sea level's customers soon!!

btw, if anybody's looking for tanks and sumps i have a bunch of extra ones that i will not be setting up from his shop for sale, im in the process of cleaning up and taking pics now, and will post a thread soon.
anyone interested can talk to me at the meeting:)

yup, they are definately closed, i know because i bought most of his gear off him! i will be opening a shop in a couple months in the north seattle area myself, so hopefully i will be able to accomodate all below sea level's customers soon!!

btw, if anybody's looking for tanks and sumps i have a bunch of extra ones that i will not be setting up from his shop for sale, im in the process of cleaning up and taking pics now, and will post a thread soon.
anyone interested can talk to me at the meeting

how about opening that store in Mill Creek... ppplease !!!

This is great that someone else within the hobby is planning on opening another store. As someone who lives in wallingford, it drives me crazy to have to drive to east bellvue or issaquah to find a decent store.

Mat

This is great that someone else within the hobby is planning on opening another store. As someone who lives in wallingford, it drives me crazy to have to drive to east bellvue or issaquah to find a decent store.

well dood you gotta make it fun when you go all the way down to Issaquah like me, everytime i go there i like going to my Krispy loving creams and fat burger :D .
But please think about Mill Creek !! or may be Everett.

im not really sure exactly where the store will be, i just moved to ballard and the space i was looking at was in ballard, but it had such limited power i had to turn it down eventually, so im still looking. im not opposed to snohomish county, the prices are definately better, but it would be nice to be close to home too.

bc_slc said:

Mat

Heck yeah. 520 or I90 sucks.

Best,
Ilham

Yeah, I know... Sad to see Below Sea level shut down. I loved that place and will miss Chris's (owner/operator) warm hospitatility.

I have to second Gaby's cry for a good store in the north end (Mill Creek, Everett, or Snohomish county). It has always been a dream of mine to start one of my own or partner with someone or a few other people. The North end is certainly lacking a good saltwater store and I am suprised one hasn't gone up sooner. Good for you SkimmerWhisperer in following your dreams and good luck!!!

whatever you do remember to have fun. let us know when you find a location and maybe we could have some shop setting up parties!?!?!? dont let the work of the shop ruin the hobby for you. my vote is for lynnwood, since my brother lives there, but i like ballard too!

Lynnwood would be good too.
I mean i like going all the way to Issaquah, but since i can't drive yet, it anoys me to wait for my husband to give me a ride all the way there.
I think the closer you get, the more people you'll have and may be if you get some sort of room in there, you could have a few psas meetings :D.
I really wish you the best luck with whatever you are planning on doing and seriously let us know when the time comes :).

Ballard would be good also. You might try something closer to I5 as you may get more traffic as opposed to ballard being a bit tougher to get to from the freeway. There truly is nothing in this area.....and Elmo and I promise to help out if you are close to us :)

Mat

Very cool! I think a setup party would be a lot of fun too! I am in south Everett and the 1 store(petco) here sucks. Awhile ago someone set up a shop here right by my house on south Evergreen Way but he ended up closing because of family problems and he ran a tank matience program that must took up all his time plus a kid. But I tell ya if he would of ran the place better with more consistant stock he would of had a boomin business. The north end has just never really had a good fish store. I vote for the north end, besides if we all drive to Issaquah then I don't see why people wouldn't drive this way for a great store also. If you interested I know an awesome real estate agent that is so fun and cool in the crazy real estate business that doesn't charge you an arm in leg. Just my two cents though I would go anywhere to see good fishies. P.s. heck if you were in the north end I might even be willing to volunteer for ya!

i agree with everyone !!
i mean nothing against petco (rrrright :p) but we need a better store, it does suck to have to go all the way to Issaquah to get something and more if you forget and have to go back :p.
I really really hope you open a store (*wispers* Mill Creek :D :p).
I don't know what are your plans on the store but it'd be nice to have a LFS that not only sells corals and fishes, but fish tank equipment and furniture too.

i have to vote for the north end also i am tired of alway having to drive to the east side for everything i need.

Cheers,
Chris

Does anyone remember Aquarium Concepts in Shoreline (Aurora and 145th NE)? I used to love that store! Eddie (one of the guys that worked there) was a great guy who knew loads about tank setups and stuff. This is where I first got hooked! They closed their retail store a couple years back and focused on maintenance and installations. That was a nice location - close to I-5 and close to Seattle and Lynnwood. I also live in Ballard and would love to help if needed! I'm also working on my BA in business and would lend a hand with business planning and operations too if interested. Good luck!

yeah, i really liked the location of Aquarium Concepts and really liked the store and the people that worked in the store.

Back