Berghia Sharing in Northend

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

TJL

copod
Hi Northenders,

I will be getting (2) Berghia Nudibranchs from 'Seattle Aqua Farm" order for a small outbreak of Aiptasia and would like to know if someone else would like them after they do thier thing in my tank. I have asked SAF for info regarding time frame needed to get job done then trading before they starve. Gordy up this is also getting (4) so I'll ask him if he'd like to do the same.

I have using 'Aiptasia-X' to control there numbers but havn't been able eliminate the little *%#@!:evil:

Todd

I'd be willing to try them out when they do their thing in your tank. I'm a little worried that my red coris wrasse will eat them, though.

I had a raccoon butterfly decimate my aiptasia and majano a few months ago. I got rid of him because he started killing corals, and now I have aiptasia again. I can't do peppermint shrimp because my wrasse eats them. I've used peppermints in the past with success (only with aiptasia, not majano), but I like my wrasse too much to get rid of him.

Berghia trading

Sounds good, I am still getting info on Berghias as to how long to safely have them in the tank with all noticable Aiptasias gone. I tried a Copperband Butterfly but my Yellow Tang did not approve and hired my Purple Dottyback to take him out:evil:
I'll keep yoou posted as to how they are doing and may just remove one at a time.

Todd

Hey Todd let me know if you need some apatasia pasture I have a at least 20 of them in my tank. If you want to sell or trade them once you are done I live a couple blocks over. I do not know how difficult it is to recover them from a tank once you put them in.

I'm game for sharing a little nudi love.

Sorry about the title. Couldn't resist. I've heard they can be hard to see once they are in the system. Maybe at night they can be retrieved as I hear they are more active then. I've got a pretty bad case of swimming aptaisia. I hope they do the trick.

Berghia sharing

Yea,

It might be easier to share them back-n-forth in our neighborhood til they starve do death "HOPEFULLY" :badgrin:

Todd

Hi guys,

If you ever need a temporary place, I have 2 tanks that they can work in for a while.

Cheers,
Alex

Nudi time

I live in Marysville and have four tanks and could always house them in one of the tanks.

If anyone does an order I was looking at getting 3 of them myself I heard they are hard to retrieve from your system once in because they as so small.

Mike

They are really really small. I don't know how you plan on finding them in the future =P I put a dozen in a half of them in my tank and haven't seen them since.... Doesnt look like they are really doing much to the aptasia either. I really don't think these work well in a large tank with an established population of aptasia. The aptasia grow faster then nudi's can eat them.

Back