Berghia with Longnose Hawkfish?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reedman

Is this a recipe for lunch or will it work out? I currently have the longnose hawkfish and am not willing to part with him. But I would love to add a few Berghia to lose the aiptasia I have. Any experience? Advice?

Thanks,
-Reed

From what I’ve read, they don’t taste very good due to what they eat. So they probably won’t get eaten. However it went on to say that some shrimp could shred them in an attempt to eat them.

It’s a valid concern. You could lose one/some till it learned they taste bad. However I have never read a first person report saying someone witnessed this happening.

From personal experience after introducing thirteen into my 70G tank, several were still vulnerable if something were so inclined after 24 hrs. However, I did’t have anything in the tank at the time that would molest them.

It took three months, but I couldn't be happier with the results.

Its been a couple years but AFAI Can Remember, its the wrasses ( at least my adult melanarus) you have to worry about with Berghia's.

Oh, BTW. I have my aptasia zapper back if you want to borrow it.

you know what's funny Duane....I built one and it zapps them, but I think my population of aiptasia has actually ballooned as a result. as they disintegrate the pieces just land somewhere else and start a new one. It was fun, but I think I am done with the zapper.

I had a sixline wrasse in my old 40b. As soon as I put the nudi in the he ate it lol. Then I tried again about a year donw the road,but was planning to get rid of the sixline. Well the morning before I was going to go pick up the nudis the sixline jump out and died. Weird it was kinda like he knew I was gonna take him out. Thought it was funny lol

sent from my super android machine

you know what's funny Duane....I built one and it zapps them, but I think my population of aiptasia has actually ballooned as a result. as they disintegrate the pieces just land somewhere else and start a new one. It was fun, but I think I am done with the zapper.

Really? I never had that problem. Of course, I had many other tanks for them to overtake without my worries. Now that I have only a 29G maybe I'll find the zapper to be an exponentialator as well.

Back