Berlin skimmer questions, can you help?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

twilliard said:
Well thats a deal I could do. If I could sell mine I'm sure the wife will let me spend 150 for a skimmer.

Mine won't :D I only spent $20 bucks for mine and she aint happy about that. I just told her "the cold hard truth" I told her that I am the man and she is only a woman, she needs to obey me and not get mad when I buy things for my tank, I also told her that she needs to be supportive and buy me a coral every other weekend. Then I realized I was day dreaming and hoped I didn't say that out loud :shock:

My Berlin skimmer seems to be working ok, I plan to buy a used Iwaki pump this weekend and will switch my current return pump to the Berlin, if it works it works and if it doesn't I'll just wait until Skimmerwhisperer offers free skimmers to everyone :badgrin:

hey Twilliard, i to have a berlin classic,its now the munic express, go look at the :bullit: skimmers,knock the bottom out glue it to the box open the top and remove all its guts,fire up that becket injector and next youll need a bigger waste box cause this thing makes dry foam like dumping a bottle of dish soap in the pond

KRMNAL1 said:
I just told her "the cold hard truth" I told her that I am the man and she is only a woman, she needs to obey me and not get mad when I buy things for my tank, I also told her that she needs to be supportive and buy me a coral every other weekend. Then I realized I was day dreaming and hoped I didn't say that out loud :shock:

LOL.. One can wish...:)

james734 said:
Might want to take look at ASM skimmers also.. They're priced well and do a good job IMO..

The biggest problem I found about used ASM skimmers is that nobody ever sells theirs.:shock: And when they do you had better see it within the first five minutes or it will be gone.:)

Tim

Moortim.

Problably true I have yet to see one used, But even new depending on the size required they're priced under others.

tankrupt said:
hey Twilliard, i to have a berlin classic,its now the munic express, go look at the :bullit: skimmers,knock the bottom out glue it to the box open the top and remove all its guts,fire up that becket injector and next youll need a bigger waste box cause this thing makes dry foam like dumping a bottle of dish soap in the pond

heh- now that sounds like a nice mod!
a complete frankenstein job, i have made many myself:)

but to answer your question twillard, first i need to know what tank size...
off the top of my head go look at the price of blem euroreef skimmers at the www.h2otropicals.com website, they are usually even cheaper than their asm counterparts(these are blemished factory second protein skimmers, still under warranty) a great way to get a euroreef for cheap!!

I use a mag7 on my Berlin and I yanked the venturi that came with it and replaced it with a different one. I can't remember the name though. I got it from Premium Aqatics for about $15. It has greatly increased the production of the skimmer.

Definately not the best skimmer but I have had mine for about 2.5 yrs.

Oh ya

As long as I can sell my Berlin
I have faith in Ebay
Its great to have such a loving wife :D who sees this truly isnt a waste of money.

Oh ya

I have faith in Ebay
Its great to have such a loving wife who sees this truly isnt a waste of money.

LMBO!! :lol: that's awesome that you're getting a new skimmer :D , if i get mine .... you and i are gonna be happy campers after all the money wasted :D .

spongebob lover said:
LMBO!! :lol: that's awesome that you're getting a new skimmer :D , if i get mine .... you and i are gonna be happy campers after all the money wasted :D .

I thought you liked your Prizm?:D

Tim

I thought you liked your Prizm?

ppfff :doubt: :lol: mine has been getting stuff out but still i want more ... power :badgrin: :lol: besides i'm gonna leave the prizm running and see who gets the most ..... i know the answer already but just for fun :D

hah- that will be funny, i give the baby g 2 hours before it smokes the prism and produces more skimmate.
just the foam production alone is at least triple that of the prism, not to mention oxygenation for the tank, you'll be happy:)

twilliard said:
Oh ya
I have faith in Ebay
Its great to have such a loving wife :D who sees this truly isnt a waste of money.

i love watching people get into bidding wars over berlin skimmers,
haaa-hhaa sucka noobs getting pwned...:badgrin:

LOL
Thats why mine is going on for .99
I dont want anyone to feel like they are getting screwed!

Thanks for the skimmer, cant wait to try it out. The race---Precision Marine VS Berlin... any bets?

Back